Votes

Manually deleting video from SD card

Votes

Manually deleting video from SD card

60 Reply
RE:Manually deleting video from SD card
2024-08-13 22:21:14
Why is this not already an option? I can download an individual recording from the SD card, why not have delete right next to it?
Options
2024-08-14 15:43:13
yes this deffo should be a feature.. i can delete ofof the cloud but not off the sd.. that’s crazy. the amount of times i forgot to put it into private mode.
Options
2024-08-18 21:05:34
Very surprising that the feature wasn't included in the initial release. Development Team was asleep that day.
Options
Re:Manually deleting video from SD card
3 weeks ago

@Phil-TC85 

I have a TAPO 320WS and am generally pleased with it. However, today I attempted to delete some unwanted video clips. As others have already discovered, the Tapo app does not have an option to delete files on the sd card. You are kidding me, right? One suggestion is to remove the sd card from the camera, then delete the files on a computer. Another suggestion is to download all of the files, then reformat the sd card. Both of these are valid suggestions but not ideal. Given the age of this feature request, it's not likely the tp-link team will implement this simple enhancement. Therefore, my next step is to create a comment on Amazon and note this missing feature for future buyers. I would encourage others to do the same. Had I known the camera app lacked a basic delete command, I never would have purchased it!

Options
Re:Manually deleting video from SD card
3 weeks ago

@EmptyNester excellent idea. To Amazon!

Options
3 weeks ago
Yes, selective deletion of clips would be a useful feature.
Options
2 weeks ago
The delete option would be much appreciated
Options
2 weeks ago
This is long overdue and definitely needed.
Options
2 weeks ago
I would very much appreciate the delete option.
Options
a week ago
Please add individual and selected video delete function.
Options

Voters 50

+ 46 Voters

Tags

microSD card