Computer has less download speed than phone

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-12-22 17:01:09
Model: RE330  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.10.11 Build 220805 Rel.55827n

So I recently moved one floor up forcing me to use a range extender since our LAN-Ports don't work properly. My current problem is, that my phone has the normal download speed i am used to have on my home wifi, but my PC only gets like 1 Mb/s of download speed, which is basically nothing. Before that, I was able to easily get 120+ Mb/s of download speed on both devices, now only my phone has a download speed higher than 1 Mb/s.
Load times are also differnet on PC. 

Anyone knows, why this is the way it is?
Things I already checked and did:
  - My PC supports 5 GHz Wifi 
  - Other devices (such as my tablet) connected to the wifi also get around 80-100 Mb/s 
  - Reset the connection, disconnected all devices and only connected my PC, same effect.

Options
1 Reply
Re:Computer has less download speed than phone
2024-01-09 01:58:00

@Tund 

Hi, Have you checked the current link speed on the PC when it is connected to 5GHz of the RE330?

How to check the associated/link speed on a wireless client

Do you use the same SSID on the RE330 and the host router?

If the PC supports cable connection, it is also suggested to connect it to RE330 via an Ethernet cable to see how much of the Ethernet speed is on the PC.

Wait for your reply and best regards.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 202

Replies: 1

Related Articles