XE75 Pro WiFi issues

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

XE75 Pro WiFi issues

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
XE75 Pro WiFi issues
XE75 Pro WiFi issues
2023-12-25 19:23:40
Model: Deco XE75 Pro  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Hi, I have two XE75 Pro's set up as Access Points and they have been running for about 6+ months now. roughly a month ago my ISP changed the modem to a Technicolor FGA2235. Since the change my WiFi has been pretty unreliable. My IP cameras go offline from time to time and my connection on my work laptop also disconnects intermittently. 

I have reported the issue to my ISP, but they confirmed that from their end the optic line is working fine. Since I am using the Deco themselves as WiFi Access Points with the Modem's WiFi disabled, they suggest that the issue lies with the Deco(s). IP's for the most important devices are all static, reserved in the Modem configuration. 

I have 2-3 devices set up with a wired connection, I do not experience any issues there. 

What can I do to improve the stability of my wireless network? 

Options
2 Reply
Re:XE75 Pro WiFi issues
2023-12-27 08:38:10

@tbandras 

Hi, May I know the model number of the IP cameras?

Have you tried to restart the whole mesh system once after switching to a new modem router?

It is also suggested to turn off “fast roaming” and "beamforming" under Deco APP>More>Advanced.

If possible, it is also suggested to separate the 2.4GHz from 5GHz:

• Disable 2.4GHz on the main network and leave 5GHz only, and set the wireless security to WPA2.
  • Enable IOT network for 2.4GHz only and also set the wireless security to WPA2.
  • Then connect IP cameras to the 2.4GHz IOT and work laptop to the 5GHz main network.

Thank you very much and best regards.

Options
Re:XE75 Pro WiFi issues
2023-12-27 17:35:38

@David-TP 

Hello David,

The cameras are less relevant albeit it would be nice to fix their connection, too. They are all Reolink units; a 411a unit, a Duo 2 unit and a WiFi Doorbell.

What really concerns me is the laptop, which is essentially used as a stationary PC and is not more than 3-4 metres away from the main Deco unit.

Just to clarify, all WiFi networks have been disabled on the ISP's modem/router itself, so currently the Decos are the only source of WiFi network. I will set up the IoT network, however I am hesitant to disable beamforming and fast roaming - aren't they kind of the point of having a mesh network? 

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 326

Replies: 2

Related Articles