Archer c6 keeps disconnect and dropping speed

2024-01-08 17:53:12 - last edited 2024-01-12 01:32:30
Model: Archer C6  
Hardware Version: V3
Firmware Version:

Hi,

My english is very poor but i'll do everything to explain my problem.

I had 2 routers archer a6 and archer c6, bought one of them [a6] when i got my new internet lightspeed 900Mbit/s. In the beggining everything was fine, but after one month or two internet kept dropping my speed from 900 Mbit/s to 100 Mbit/s so i had to restart it to bring my speed back, but after few hours it was happening over and over again. Still didnt care much, but then router started randomly disconecting (orange diod on router) disconnect overy 20 seconds or so, in the begging i thought maybe thats from my internet host side but when i connect my internet straight to the pc  ( without using router) problem was solved. Im using ethernet cable but also wifi to tv etc. It disconnects everywhere. 

So i bought another router which is called Archer c6 and everything was ok in first one month, and then internet is dropping and disconnecting again, it looks its not from the host side because connection straight to the pc without router works ok. 

How can i solve my problem? I have latest firmware,i was trying to restart everyrhing nothing really helps.

Please help me

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:Archer c6 keeps disconnect and dropping speed-Solution
2024-01-11 16:17:49 - last edited 2024-01-12 01:32:30

@Sunshine 

Ok i think i fixed it, the problem was ethernet cable. Still weird because when i was conecting it directly from isp modem to pc everything worked fine. I changed ethernet cable for router to different one and also shorter and no disconnects and no speed dropping.

Thank you.

Recommended Solution
Options
3 Reply
Re:Archer c6 keeps disconnect and dropping speed
2024-01-09 03:25:48

@Unleay 

Hi, when the issue happens next time, please save the log file before restarting the router, or previous logs will be cleared.

Please follow the thread here to troubleshoot first: What if TP-Link Router Disconnects from Internet?

If the problem still exists, please help to confirm the following details:

1. May I know if all wired and wireless clients will lose internet at the same time? and do you notice Internet LED turning red or orange when the issue happens?

2. When the issue happens, It will recover automatically or you have to restart the router to get internet again?

3. When the router loses internet, is there still internet access from your ISP modem? You could connect a computer to your ISP modem directly to test it.

4. Who is your ISP and what is the WAN connection type you configured on the router? like PPPoE or Dynamic IP?

5. Screenshot of the Network > Internet page when the issue happens. If there is still WAN IP address at that moment, you can mask the WAN IP and gateway info for security concerns

6. How many client devices are usually connected to the router and what are they? is there any other access point or extender in the same network?

Options
Re:Archer c6 keeps disconnect and dropping speed-Solution
2024-01-11 16:17:49 - last edited 2024-01-12 01:32:30

@Sunshine 

Ok i think i fixed it, the problem was ethernet cable. Still weird because when i was conecting it directly from isp modem to pc everything worked fine. I changed ethernet cable for router to different one and also shorter and no disconnects and no speed dropping.

Thank you.

Recommended Solution
Options
Re:Archer c6 keeps disconnect and dropping speed
2024-01-12 01:33:09

@Unleay 

Thank you very much for the update, glad to hear that you've solved the problem.

Hope you could enjoy the internet!

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 241

Replies: 3

Related Articles