Votes

VPN Client routing exception

2024-01-11 10:00:19 - last edited 2024-01-11 12:08:04
Tags: #VPN #Vpn client
Model: Archer AX55  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.2.6 Build 20231130 rel.36135(5255)

Hello!
I would like to offer the VPN client whitelist and blacklist sites.

Problem:

The basic idea is to control what should go through the VPN (for example, a user wants to "hide" their original IP address for some sites). Because now the user has to manually turn the VPN on and off for different sites.

Problem example:

As a user, I want to access the A site only through a VPN, and always access the B site without it.
Now I need to log into my router and manually enable VPN on my device when I plan to visit A. Then I need to go into the router panel again and disable it for B.

Solution vision:

I want to see some settings in the VPN client's navigation menu. In my opinion, this setup should contain two lists (let's call them a blacklist and a whitelist).
When I whitelist a site, it means I will always connect to that site without a VPN. And when I blacklist a site, it means that I will always connect to that site through a VPN.

I hope to hear your opinion on this request.
Thank you

Options
2 Reply
RE:VPN Client routing exception
2024-01-11 12:07:51 - last edited 2024-01-11 12:08:04
nice to have feature
Options
Re:VPN Client routing exception
2024-01-12 03:32:21

@VDmitry 

Hello, thank you for posting on the TP-Link community, and we certainly appreciate all your feedback and feature request here. I'll make sure to log this feature request and pass it along to the team.

Feel free to let us know of any other feature requests you may have, we’d be happy to send them up for you.

If you found the post or response helpful, please click Helpful. If an answer solves your problem, click "Recommended Solution" so that others can benefit from it.
Options

Information

Helpful: 1

Views: 186

Replies: 2

Voters 1

Tags

VPN
Vpn client