Manual Reboot Required Every 24 Hours (Archer AX50)

2024-01-11 15:00:21 - last edited 2024-01-12 11:44:50
Model: Archer AX50  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.0.13 Build 20230907 rel.67739

I bought this router in April 2020, and performance until now has been great. Unfortunately, starting around the end of November 2023, I have had to manually reboot my router every 24 hours.

Every day between 11pm and 3am, my router will crash and not recover. After the crash, the LEDs are all fully green, but it never starts rebroadcasting WiFi so I am unable to connect via the Tether app, and although my computer is connected directly to it via ethernet, I am unable to connect to the router to check the error logs. After restart, the error logs are wiped clean so I have no way of knowing what has gone wrong. When it crashes, I am also unable to remote in to the router to reboot it despite having Remote Management enabled, so if I am away from home, I have no way to reboot remotely.

I have tried many remedies with no success:

• Daily reboot schedule is enabled, but this does not prevent the crash (tried scheduling both before 11pm and after 3am)
  • I tried to mitigate overheating by vertically mounting it on the wall, but this did not appear to be the problem. I may explore further heat-related fixes.
  • I have performed a factory reset to reset anything I could have goofed up
  • I have tried multiple firmware updates to see if this was an issue with a particular firmware
  • I have updated the Primary and Secondary DNS to Google's 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4 respectively to avoid anything strange from my ISP

Please let me know what else I could be missing as having to manually reboot every day is not ideal.

Options
4 Reply
Re:Manual Reboot Required Every 24 Hours (Archer AX50)
2024-01-12 09:50:23

@Brian10 

If you can find a spare power adapter 12 V ⎓ 2 A to replace the original one and check if there's a difference, you could determine if there's a hardware fault with your power adapter or the router itself.

If this was helpful click once on the arrow pointing upward. If this solves your issue, click once the star to mark it as a "Recommended Solution".
Options
2024-01-12 11:37:10

@terziyski I could, but I do not believe this is a power issue as the router never loses power. 

Options
2024-01-12 12:36:45

@Brian10 

What do you have connected to the router with ethernet cables ?

You could disconnect all the wired clients and test again.

Other than that you don't have many other options to troubleshoot with.

If this was helpful click once on the arrow pointing upward. If this solves your issue, click once the star to mark it as a "Recommended Solution".
Options
2024-01-12 21:35:10 - last edited 2024-01-13 21:02:06

@terziyski At this point, just 1 PC connected via ethernet just so I can try to access logs after a crash.

This morning when I reset it after the crash, it was extemely warm, so I have reduced my transmit power from High down to Medium, and I have tried a new mounting orientation to increase air flow and cooling. I will report back with any findings.

EDIT

Unfortunately, It still crashed at 1:50am this morning.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 399

Replies: 4

Related Articles