Can't connect to main network

2024-01-11 17:01:56 - last edited 2024-01-11 17:53:50
Model: TL-WA850RE  
Hardware Version: V7
Firmware Version: 1.0.12 Build 221109 Rel.31477n
Hi everyone. 
I purchased the TP-Link TL-WA850RE device. The device was installed in the basement to connect a photovoltaic inverter and a smart TV to the main network. However, I have found that some devices including 2 notebooks are no longer able to connect to the main network but only to the one provided by the repeater, which does not happen with smartphones. All network card drivers are updated to the latest version (ditto the operating system). I have already tried following the Windows suggestions which included restarting the network card and restarting the PC and repeater. When the repeater is not powered, the PC can easily connect to the network even when the repeater is subsequently reconnected, whereas when it restarts and the repeater is already working this does not happen. In my opinion it may be a problem related to DHCP but I would like to know exactly which configuration to choose both on the repeater and on the main router (TIM HUB). I specify that both networks (the main one and the repeater one) are visible on the PCs but if you connect to the first one the following message appears "Unable to connect to this network". 
Any suggestion?

Thanks you all

Options
2 Reply
Re:Can't connect to main network
2024-01-12 07:43:41

@FedericoBroglio 

Hi, I think you could try to install the beta firmware here to see whether it helped with the following issue:

Wi-Fi Range Extender Causing Host Router No Internet

Thank you very much and best regards.

Options
Re:Can't connect to main network
2024-01-13 15:18:23

@David-TP 

It's seem working correctly now with the firmware update. Thanks you very much for the quickly advise. 

Best regards. 

Options