TL-WN823N(US) Wifi Adapter Cannot Find my Xiaomi phone Hotspot

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2024-01-14 17:47:27
Model: TL-WN823N  
Hardware Version: V3
Firmware Version:

My usb wifi adapter seems to have a hard time finding Xiaomi 11i ​​​mobile hotspot. It can detect my hotspot sometimes but it is very rare and not reliable. The adapter seems to be working fine with other phone mobile hotspots and my mobile hotspot can be detected as well by other phone or laptops. It seems it is really just a problem with my TL-WN823N and Xiaomi 11i.

Does this adapter have a specific issue with Xiaomi phones?

Options
3 Reply
Re:TL-WN823N(US) Wifi Adapter Cannot Find my Xiaomi phone Hotspot
2024-01-15 10:06:01

@Gowthaman_N 

Hi, I don't think the adapter had any compatibility issues with Xiaomi phones.

Have you ever checked the wireless bands(2.4Ghz or 5Ghz), also the wireless channel of the hotspot?

TL-WN823N does not support 5GHz and I wondered whether the mobile hotspot randomly jumped between 2.4Ghz and 5Ghz.

Thank you very much and best regards.

Options
2024-01-15 13:57:40

@David-TP  i am try with 2.4ghz only but still i am can't able to connect with mobile hotspot

Options
2024-01-15 18:24:10 - last edited 2024-01-15 18:26:14

@Gowthaman_N 

Hi,

Note that USB Wi-Fi dongles made by TP-Link are usually restricted to the channels that are permitted in the designated region. That means if your adapter is marked "TL-WN823N(US)", then it will likely not be able to see any Wi-Fi network that broadcasts on channels 12 and 13, because these are not permitted for use in the United States.

So, if your Xiaomi phone behaves the same way as the one of the user who posted here https://www.reddit.com/r/HomeNetworking/comments/18w635p/xiaomi_phone_keeps_using_channel_1213_for_hotspot/ , then that is likely the reason for your issues.

You can use your other phone or your laptop to check which channel is being used by the Xiaomi's hotspot.

Options