DECO X50-5g Router loses internet at he stroke of midnight

2024-01-16 18:17:46
Model: Deco X50-5G  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Basically, what the title says.

At midnight, each night, the X50 stops being able to access the internet. Within the app itself it says it is still connected to 5G, however not device on the network can communicate with the outside world.

Only a reboot fixes this, which I now have scheduled at 4am but this is not exactly great if you're up after midnight and everything stops working.

Has anyone else suffered from this, or know of a fix?

Options
6 Reply
Re:DECO X50-5g Router loses internet at he stroke of midnight
2024-01-17 03:25:02

@Vimto 

Hi, Have you noticed Deco X50-5G turn red when it had no internet?

May I know who is your SIM carrier?

Could you please help me save the following screenshots before and after the internet dropped out:

Wait for your reply and best regards.

Options
2024-01-20 00:35:32 - last edited 2024-01-20 00:37:36

@David-TP 

No red light at all. I also have to X50s as part of a mesh, no red lights either. Vodafone is the carrier.

Options
2024-01-21 19:14:29

Hello, very similar issue here.

Once every week, sometimes multiple times a day, I can't make new internet requests from any device. Ongoing internet calls or websocket connections work completely fine during that time but opening a new website is taking 10-30 seconds. Sometimes new websites don't open at all and a reboot is necessary.

The LED of the Deco stays white and when the issue just started, I can open the Deco App on my phone and see that it says it is still connected to 5G with updating RSRP, RSRQ and SNR values. However, when the issue started a few minutes ago, I can't even open the Deco App on my phone, it just loads forever and if I get through after several minutes, it says that it has no internet connection even though the LED is white on the Deco.

It started to annoy me and I am happy someone else has the same issue. I doubt it has anything to do with my carrier (Vodafone DE). I tried a lot to fix this, including setting my DNS to Cloudflares, only using 4G, etc. Only rebooting the Deco made it work again, sometimes for a few days, sometimes only for a few minutes.

Am happy to try anything to fix this issue. Thanks!

Options
2024-02-11 20:26:38

@Vimto I have the same issue but daily at exactly 20.57. My ZTE MC888D 5G router has a perfect connection and all it takes is to reboot the Deco X50 to get the mesh network back up however this is super annoying as it takes a few minutes to get the internet back up and it's a time of the day that we often watch Netflix.. Any solutions for this so far?

Options
2024-02-11 21:08:19

@Mirage075 

I spoke direct to tp-link, and their advice was to turn all the advanced features off of the mesh network. So no beaming etc. This has helped slightly, as it only seems to require a full reboot 5 times a week at midnight now, rather than 7 days a week.

So yeah, didn't really help. Hoppe they can patch it as it is very annoying.

Options
2024-02-17 16:29:13 - last edited 2024-02-17 16:29:40

Same problem for me: exactly at midnight I can’t access internet anymore, the Deco app become unstable e even a reboot doesn’t t solve the problem; I have to wait a random time to have internet up again.

It’s a Deco X50 problem, cause if I connect to the router integrated WiFi I can smoothly surf the internet.

My configuration:

PosteMobile (TIM HUB) fiber router > Deco X50 x3 (ethernet mesh mode)

Hope TpLink is going to release a firmware asap to solve this bug.

Options

Information

Helpful: 4

Views: 513

Replies: 6

Related Articles