Votes

Feature/Info Request: Deco Product Matrix

Votes

2024-01-29 16:45:22 - last edited 2024-01-29 16:48:12
Tags: #VPN

***Please create Deco product range matrix for features available on specific models***

To the best of my knowledge, there is no product matrix for the Deco range. This means that it's vitually impossible to know what features are avaialble for each model in the Deco product range.

Static routes, VPNs are the most obvious ommissions. But there's likely dozens of features that have disparity between devices. Without reading through the firmware update notes for each and every device it's virtually impossible to decipher. Even then, the feature may have been available from day one and is therefore not necessarily listed in the firmware notes.

I would have hoped that the most basic features, such as static routes, would be avaialble on ALL deco devices.

It seems that even purchasing the most espensive, latest and gratest Deco units does not mean that basic features are avaialble - and there is no way of knowing util the device is purchased and tested. How are customers able to make an informed buying decsion? It does not seem possible with the current arrangements.

Or have I missed something? Does this already exist somewhere?

Options
4 Reply
RE:Feature/Info Request: Deco Product Matrix
2024-01-29 16:55:42
This should have been available from the outset.
Options
2024-01-30 02:49:27

@Pebble 

Hi, Thank you very much for your feedback.

I think we already list most of the improtant features here:

https://www.tp-link.com/en/home-networking/deco/deco-x50/#specifications

So would you mind providing more details about what features you would like to know?

Thanks again and best regards.

Options
2024-04-09 16:26:58

@David-TP, I feel like the ask here is simple. You have linked to the spec sheet for one model, that does not specify the hardware version. So even with this there is no way to know when buying the device which features are included if the seller does not have the latest in stock. But let's say the seller has nothing but the latest models. Using the example in the original post, how does one know which mesh routers support VPN client? A simple grid with each model and each feature with an indication of the feature support. Pretty common. Here is a (inadequate) version from another vendor https://www.linksys.com/support-article?articleNum=47621, I think we would like to see this with a feature by feature view.

Options
2024-04-09 18:11:58

@David-TP 

Thanks for your reply.

Without sifting through dozens of product sheet specifications it's not possible to easily distinguish what features are present/missing for one Deco device versus another. If, after sifting through many specification pages you're able to remember exactly what models have which features and what models they're missing from (along with the model numbers themselves) then you're significantly sharper than me.

It's so much easier when you can just compare products immediately (at a glance).

I feel that there's a good reason why other manufacturers tend to do this with so many different types of products and product ranges. These grids/matrixes are used for both technical and non-technical products, but I feel that since tech products have so much more information to digest then it's even more important.

Thanks again.

Options

Information

Helpful: 3

Views: 210

Replies: 4

Voters 3

Tags