Votes

Disable WPS in the DECO application

Votes

2024-01-30 19:24:17 - last edited 2024-02-01 00:49:20

The WPS is always active which makes it vulnerable to attacks, unless the network is hidden the WPS is deactivated, but if the network is not hidden it is not deactivated. On most TP-Link routers, they can disable WPS without hiding the Wi-Fi network. but in deco it does not have that characteristic.

Options
2 Reply
Re:Disable WPS in the DECO application
2024-01-31 06:00:47 - last edited 2024-02-01 00:49:20

@VM9730 

Hi, Thank you very much for your feedback.

Would you mind telling me how you find the WPS is always activated as long as the main network is not hidden?

I used to be told by the engineers that as long as you do not click the WPS button on the Deco APP, mobile devices are unable to connect to the related Deco via WPS.

Wait for your reply and best regards.

Options
Re:Disable WPS in the DECO application
2024-02-01 01:29:39

Deco 

​​​​​ 

@David-TP 

I use the wps app and on the Deco network the wps stays on but the devices can't connect until I click on the deco app. On the other lot's deco network, wps appears permanently disabled. What I'm trying to say is that wps is permanently enabled but the devices won't connect until you click on the deco app. Therefore, wps cannot be disabled permanently like it can on the hidden network. In the hidden network, WPS is permanently disabled, but if it is not hidden, it does not do so.

Options

Information

Helpful: 3

Views: 236

Replies: 2

Voters 3