How can I disable WPS of my powerline device?

2024-02-01 02:59:55 - last edited 2024-02-27 09:24:26
Model: TL-WPA8631P  
Hardware Version: V3
Firmware Version: 3.0.1 Build 20220330 Rel.52768

My friend hacked my TL-WPA8631P in a few seconds because the WPS on the device was enabled. The hack revealed the 8 digit wps pin and the wifi password. Email me if you want to know how the hack was performed.

No button on the device to disable WPS and the instructions manual was no help either. Now I have to schedule the wifi on/off and set the MAC filter. Even so he was still able to hack it easily when the wifi is on.

Any way to turn the WPS off to reduce the security risk? Perhaps a new firmware?

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:How can I disable WPS of my powerline device?-Solution
2024-02-02 08:00:22 - last edited 2024-02-27 09:24:26

@who-am_1 

It doesn't seem that the WPS feature can be disabled via the PLC web management interface.

In contrast there are many wireless routers that have this feature implemented.

Are you referring to the WPS Pin Attack with Reaver or this hack involves a physical access to your LAN ?

If this was helpful click once on the arrow pointing upward. If this solves your issue, click once the star to mark it as a "Recommended Solution".
Recommended Solution
Options
1 Reply
Re:How can I disable WPS of my powerline device?-Solution
2024-02-02 08:00:22 - last edited 2024-02-27 09:24:26

@who-am_1 

It doesn't seem that the WPS feature can be disabled via the PLC web management interface.

In contrast there are many wireless routers that have this feature implemented.

Are you referring to the WPS Pin Attack with Reaver or this hack involves a physical access to your LAN ?

If this was helpful click once on the arrow pointing upward. If this solves your issue, click once the star to mark it as a "Recommended Solution".
Recommended Solution
Options