Deco XE5300 - I just need to know my internet usage

2024-02-03 02:36:38

First - zero idea why TP Link could not find this model as it's sold by Costco. This concerns me...https://www.costco.com/tp-link-deco-axe5300-wi-fi-6e-tri-band-whole-home-mesh-wi-fi-system%2c-3-pack.product.100847833.html

Second - I just need to know how to configure my Decos to where I can see exactly how much data is being utilized in my household and what devices are using it. I'm constantly against my data cap which did not happen with a different route I owned previously. I recently signed up for the Parental Controls, just to note. 

Please, someone point me in the right direction as I just simply need to identify the culprit and act accordingly.

Thank you! 

Options
2 Reply
Re:Deco XE5300 - I just need to know my internet usage
2024-02-04 09:58:06

@ThunderUp 

Hi, Welcome to the community.

Currently, the reports under HomeShield Pro don't support displaying the overall network data usage. You could see the weekly/monthly data usage of the specific parental control profile. If there is only one device in that profile, you might also get the weekly/monthly data usage of the specific device.

We do plan to improve the reports later to display more data, such as how much data is being utilized by the household and what devices are using it.

Thank you very much and best regards.

Options
Re:Deco XE5300 - I just need to know my internet usage
2024-02-15 02:06:15

@David-TP - This feature is sorely missed and has been one requested across the TP ecosystem for a number of years and product categories from what I can tell from looking over the boards. I bought this device today as well as a lower cost alternative to the Google product which has this from day 1 installation. Is there a time frame for this reporting capability and can it be added as a augment to the real time data. Why can we not see a running total of data consumed to date by a given device and the aggragated data on a weekly or monthly basis? I added this device because I made the assumption in store that based on the photo on the label that this info was available but if there is no clarity here I will just return it and revert to the google product. In fairness the Orbi I upgraded from cannot do this either which in 2024 is just mind blowing - yet, here we all are, getting hit for data overages while our connectivity devices cannot arm us with data to address consumption hogs in our homes without brute force one-by-one monitoring or parental profie hacks which are time consuming and not foolproof.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 141

Replies: 2

Related Articles