EC225-G5(BR) | Issue with TP-Link ID

2024-02-03 22:50:56
Model: General Product  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: EC225-G5(BR)_1.0_Build 231024

Recently, I acquired the TP-Link EC225-G5 router, updated the firmware, and encountered some bugs and issues after the update:

1 - My TP-Link ID account does not stay saved on the router; it disappears when I log out and log back in.

2 - Due to my account not being saved, I am unable to use Dynamic DNS and remote access through the Aginet/Tether app.

3 - Ping mysteriously go to 150/200ms randomly and then returns to normal (in the Wi-Fi only).

4 - The product description on the official website mentions that the router can function as a VPN host, but there are no configuration options available for it.

The router in question is this one: EC225-G5 | AC1300 Dual Band Gigabit Wi-Fi 5 Router | TP-Link Brazil

I don't know if other users are experiencing the same issues, but I am reporting this here for the engineering team to evaluate the situation.

I look forward to any assistance or response regarding this matter.
Thank you for your attention!

Options
2 Reply
Re:EC225-G5(BR) | Issue with TP-Link ID
2024-02-04 08:41:30

@Gustavo-R 

Hi, EC225-G5 is a model for ISPs only, and we community don't have its information.

Regarding the issues you mentioned, some common troubleshooting suggestions are as below, however, if it still doesn't solve it, please contact your ISP to report the issues:

1&2: Please make sure you are still using the TP-Link ID to log back into the router, if you use local password to login,  the TP-Link account usually will not be displayed for security considerations, but the account is still bound thus cloud access should be still working.

3. It might be caused by wireless interference etc. since only WiFi connection has the issue, you could try changing wireless channel and channel width to see if it helps.

4. You could check with your ISP about the VPN function.

Nice to Meet You in Our TP-Link Community. Check Out the Latest Posts: Archer GE550 - BE9300 Tri-Band Wi-Fi 7 Gaming Router EasyMesh Is Available When Wi-Fi Routers Work in AP Mode as A Controller. Archer BE550 New Software Enhances System Stability and Optimizes MLO Network Stability. TL-WA3001 Supports EasyMesh, Speed Limit, Guest Network in AP Mode and/or Multi-SSID Mode. If you found the post or response helpful, please click Helpful. If an answer solves your problem, click "Recommended Solution" so that others can benefit from it.
Options
Re:EC225-G5(BR) | Issue with TP-Link ID
2024-07-29 17:54:00

@Gustavo-R tengo el mismo problemas desde la actualización, has encontrado solución, creo que voy ir a garantia, ya que estoy a tiempo

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 716

Replies: 2

Related Articles