Disable DHCP Deco X60
Disable DHCP Deco X60
2024-02-04 17:09:40
Tags: #DHCP
Model: Deco X60  
Hardware Version: V3
Firmware Version: 1.2.4 Build 20230601 Rel. 37750

Hello,

I have a deco X60, and would like to either disable DHCP completely, or have an option to add static routes to dhcp while in WiFi Router mode, so I can connect to my other networks connected via VPN.

Thanks and kind regards,

Hans

Options
3 Reply
Re:Disable DHCP Deco X60
2024-02-04 17:54:58
by the way: the fact that you think I'm too stupid to understand the repercussions of disabling DHCP might not be the message you want to send to people paying €260 for your hardware...
Options
2024-02-05 03:32:05

@hans-martijn 

Hi, Welcome to the community.

Currently, Deco needs to be the NAT gateway and DHCP server to guarantee Parental Control and HomeShield features working as expected. We haven't figured out a better solution to get around this restriction. Before that, we still prefer to keep DHCP enabled under wireless router mode.

I think your current firmware of Deco X60_V3_1.2.4 already supports static routes. It should be under Deco APP>More>Advanced.

Thank you very much and best regards.

Options
2024-02-05 04:20:34

@David-TP 

Thanks for welcoming, and thanks for your reply. 

The Deco currently is the NAT gateway, but I don't need parental control or homeshield. I also have a TP-Link AX3000, on which you actually can turn off DHCP and parental control and homeshield still work...

I tried setting a static route in the Deco, but it doesn't send that static route through DHCP. I need my mobile devices (laptops etc.) to get their routes from DHCP, because they only need it when connected to my network, so I shouldn't set it statically.

Kind regards,

Hans

Options

Information

Helpful: 1

Views: 130

Replies: 3

Voters 1

Tags

DHCP