Failed to detect firmware version on app

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2024-02-07 02:28:11
Model: Deco BE85  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: Deco BE85(JP)_V2_1.0.14 Build 20231124

Hi TP-Link team,

I'm seeing an error on the Deco app, firmware version is not detected after updating firmware version to Deco BE85(JP)_V2_1.0.14 Build 20231124.

But tplinkdeco.net/web shows the version as expected.

Re-updating firmware and rebooting the BE85 doesn't help.

Can you please fix this issue?

Options
3 Reply
Re:Failed to detect firmware version on app
2024-02-08 03:48:05

@Shuhei 

Hi, welcome to the community.

Have you already updated to 1.0.14 successfully via web UI?

If yes, I wondered whether there might be something wrong with the latest Deco APP 3.7.5. Do you start getting this notification after updating the Deco APP to 3.7.5?

As for the "New Device Alerts" issue, I think it might be related to Deco APP as well. Are you able to enable the Alerts via 4G mobile data?

And Deco BE85 is on wireless router mode, right?

Thank you very much and best regards.

Options
2024-02-08 14:00:10

@David-TP 

Hi David, thank you for your reply.

My BE85 has been updated to 1.0.14 Build 20231124 Rel. 32537 successfully, and my Deco APP ver is 3.7.5.

I have started use BE85 2 days ago, I remember that I received new device alart once before updating FW.

So it seems like new FW issue from my point of view.

Regarding FW detection failed issue, I realized that an error seen on the router security GUI, but FW is shown on the other page.

Please refer tha attached and investigate and solve this.

BTW, I'm seeing Test Internet Speed is always failed afte updating FW!!

Is there any way to roll back previous FW version?

I tried to roll back with applying previous FW version via my laptop, but the BE85 keeps new FW.

Please fix this issue as well, and for temtative solution, could you please update me how to roll back.

BR,

Shuhei

Options
2024-02-20 08:53:53

@Shuhei 

Hi, Are you still having issues with "Test Internet speed"?

I see you are from Japan and several users I met before all used an internet connection type called IPoE + IPv4 over IPv6(MAP-E) which is also called "v6Plus" in Japan.

Do you also use  "v6Plus"?

As for the firmware downgrade, you could revert to 1.0.13 directly via web Ui by uploading the 1.0.13 bin file. The procedure is the same as a firmware upgrade.

How to Update the Firmware of Deco (method 2)

Wait for your reply and best regards.

Options