SG2008P DHCP not working

SG2008P DHCP not working
SG2008P DHCP not working
2024-02-13 14:02:43 - last edited 2024-02-17 02:23:23
Model: SG2008P  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version: 3.20.1 Build 20240115 Rel.72847

Hi to all of you,

I have recently bought some Omada equipment's to start building my new network. The idea is to create some VLANs to segregate the network (home, IoT, guests and so on). Therefore, I have bought the SG2008P and two EAP235. Considering cost saving, I did not buy the Controller - instead, have deployed it in a vm.

So as of now my setup is the following:

Network

I have tried to setup VLANs within the switch and did deploy it to the EAP, but the DHCP server is not working properly. Is there any other any to deploy it without buying the Omada router (or any other router)? As soon as I adopt the switch to the Controller, I loose the capability to change the L2 and L3 configurations, but without it I cannot manage the EAP and create the WiFi networks. Any possible solution?

Thank you & best regards

Alexandre

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:SG2008P DHCP not working-Solution
2024-02-14 09:08:19 - last edited 2024-02-17 02:23:23

Hi  @aabdalajr 

1. Wrong use case. Refer to this FAQ 887 if you are setting it up in standalone. You have to make sure your ISP router supports multi-nets NAT. Or it would not work.

2. DHCP is not working, read the guide and check if you have set it up properly in standalone.

3. If you are using the controller, you of course cannot set up the L2 and L3 features like the standalone mode. And nothing works in Wired Networks > Internet or LAN because you don't have a router. Most functions that rely on the router would simply not work if you just have a switch. Things that are switch-based will work if you configure them on the controller.

Best Regards! If you are new to the forum, please read: Howto - A Guide to Use Forum Effectively. Read Before You Post. Look for a model? Search your model NOW Beta firmware got some NEW features! Subscribe for the latest update!Download Beta Here☚ ☛ ★ Configuration Guide ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Knowledge Base ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Troubleshooting Manual ★ ☚ (Disclaimer: Short links are used above solely for guidance to TP-Link subdomains and are safe and tracker-free. Exercise caution with short links from non-official members on forums. We are not liable for external content or damage from non-official members' link use.)
Recommended Solution
Options
1 Reply
Re:SG2008P DHCP not working-Solution
2024-02-14 09:08:19 - last edited 2024-02-17 02:23:23

Hi  @aabdalajr 

1. Wrong use case. Refer to this FAQ 887 if you are setting it up in standalone. You have to make sure your ISP router supports multi-nets NAT. Or it would not work.

2. DHCP is not working, read the guide and check if you have set it up properly in standalone.

3. If you are using the controller, you of course cannot set up the L2 and L3 features like the standalone mode. And nothing works in Wired Networks > Internet or LAN because you don't have a router. Most functions that rely on the router would simply not work if you just have a switch. Things that are switch-based will work if you configure them on the controller.

Best Regards! If you are new to the forum, please read: Howto - A Guide to Use Forum Effectively. Read Before You Post. Look for a model? Search your model NOW Beta firmware got some NEW features! Subscribe for the latest update!Download Beta Here☚ ☛ ★ Configuration Guide ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Knowledge Base ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Troubleshooting Manual ★ ☚ (Disclaimer: Short links are used above solely for guidance to TP-Link subdomains and are safe and tracker-free. Exercise caution with short links from non-official members on forums. We are not liable for external content or damage from non-official members' link use.)
Recommended Solution
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 177

Replies: 1

Related Articles