Deco X50 4G No DHCP IP Reservation? Really?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2024-02-16 14:39:49
Model: Deco X50-4G  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.1.2 Build 20230619 Rel. 38462

Is TP Link serious that only the most rudimentary settings can be made on this router and that every cheapest China router for 35 euros on Amazon has far more functions to offer me, such as DHCP IP reservations and setting options for VPN etc.?

I can't believe it, routers from 20 years ago could already do that.

We are a small office and have bought several devices from TP Link, especially because of the mesh function.

But what we unfortunately had to learn hard after the purchase is that this router does not even cover the lowest standards in terms of network configuration.

I'm happy to retract this post if I'm wrong, but I can't really be that clueless.

And the fact that the setup only runs via app is a total hindrance.

Options
6 Reply
Re:Deco X50 4G No DHCP IP Reservation? Really?
2024-02-16 15:03:15
Options
2024-02-16 15:11:48

@Alexandre. There is NO WAY for us, using an App!!!! 

Options
2024-02-16 15:14:37

@Emilerdbeer 

In Deco app, tap More->Advanced and make screenshot of that screen. Post it here.

Options
2024-02-16 15:16:25 - last edited 2024-02-16 15:21:35

@Alexandre. As said: NO WAY using an APP! We just decided to send your products back to Amazon. It is also not possible to set client names. This product procures the lowest amount on features in network functions we ever experienced. Better invest in real features instead of App gimmicks.

Options
2024-02-16 15:28:55 - last edited 2024-02-16 18:13:54

@Emilerdbeer 

Sorry, something must have been lost in translation. I thought you said you are unable to use IP address reservation. What you said, how I now understand it, is that you do not want to use app for IP address reservation.

Deco is a consumer grade WiFi mesh, its audience is people will little technical skills or those who are OK using smartphone app for WiFi mesh setup and management. One must use Deco app to configure and run Deco mesh.

If this is not what you want, you did the right thing by returning Deco hardware to retailer. 

-----------------

Also note, I am not an employee of TP-Link. I am Deco mesh user, I visit this forum to assist people who have questions about Deco mesh.

Options
2024-02-16 15:46:17

@Alexandre. I see (now). We have come to this realization ourselves in the meantime. Nevertheless, thank you for your tip and I apologize for the confusion between you and Support. We are just quite annoyed that you have to make this experience after the purchase. Who today expects that basic features that are provided by every no-name manufacturer are simply removed by TP Link in such a product? This makes us suspicious and we are annoyed about the wasted time.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 644

Replies: 6

Related Articles