Firmware show different version to what is available on website?

2024-02-19 10:13:43
Model: Deco X20  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 2.0.4 Build 20220216 Rel. 41671

Hi there,

I have two Deco X20 units that are working without a problem, but they aren't showing an available firmware update even though there is one on the website? The web interface is also showing no updates available either.

The Model I have is listed, but it also has NZ-V as part of it. Since there is no NZ locale on the site I am assuming I follow Australia, since it also lists the NZ-V user guide.:

https://www.tp-link.com/au/support/download/deco-x20/v1.20/#Firmware

Is it safe for me to download the newest firmware from the website and manually update the units? I can't see the version I have installed listed anywhere either. I have only previously managed this via the deco app and it did update the firmware after the units were online.

The latest built showing on the AU site is:

Deco X20(US)_V1.20_1.5.3 Build 20231227

Thanks!

Options
2 Reply
Re:Firmware show different version to what is available on website?
2024-02-20 03:33:41

@RapidGoat 

Hi, welcome to the community.

Typically, Deco firmware versions begin with 1.x.x. However, for ISP-customized models such as your Deco X20 for NZ-Vodafone, the firmware is differentiated by starting with 2.x.x. In this way, I am afraid you can not update to the 1.5.3 firmware.

It is suggested to contact Vodafone to see whether they have any new firmware for this model.

Thank you very much and best regards.

Options
Re:Firmware show different version to what is available on website?
2024-02-20 05:46:08

@David-TP 

That would explain that. These devices were purchased second hand so I was unaware they were Vodafone models.

Appreciate you getting back to me.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 254

Replies: 2

Related Articles