Deco XE75 / AXE5400 and Kasa Matter Smart Plug Compatibility

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2024-02-26 19:52:34 - last edited 2024-03-01 01:27:45
Model: Deco  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.2.9

Deco XE75 / AXE5400

Kasa Matter Smart Plug with Energy Monitoring

I replaced all my Belkin Wemo devices for TP-Link's own Kasa Matter Smart Plugs as the Wemo devices is being kicked out by Deco every now and then.

Although set up for the Kasa Matter was a breeze, the smart plugs are also randomly being kicked out by Deco every few days when something else connects to the Deco that hasn't connected in awhile. What a pain to have to unplug the smart plugs and re-plug just to get an active connection.

The reason I invested in Kasa is because it's TP-Link's very own so they should play nice. But I can't believe even TP-Link can't get their own devices to work together. SMH.

Options
5 Reply
Re:Deco XE75 / AXE5400 and Kasa Matter Smart Plus Compatibility
2024-02-27 07:55:43

@oneframe 

Hi, Have you tried to connect all the Kasa Matter plugs to the 2.4GHz only IOT network?

Please also turn off "Mesh Technology" for these Matter Plugs.

If possible, please disable "Fast Roaming" and "Beamforming" on the Deco APP>More>Advanced to see whether it helps stablize the connection.

After that, How about the disconnection frequency of these Kasa Plugs? Are you able to constantly reproduce this issue in a short time?

Wait for your reply and best regards.

Options
2024-02-27 19:21:19

Hi  @David-TP, all these suggestions are to turn the TP-Link hardware into a very basic router with zero features. Something a cheap router can do and defeats the purpose of buying a Deco.

1. IoT creates an isolated network from the main network. By having the TP-Link Kasa Matter (a feature that is supposed to work with the whole home like an Apple Home) will create a basic plug. Not a smart plus with Matter capability to play nice with the rest of the network. So this is not an option. I would have just purchased a cheap smart plug in this case.

2. Disabling the following per your suggestion to make your own TP-Link device play well with your TP-Link Deco router does not make sense. What's the point of purchasing a TP-Link hardware if I have to disable all of these features to make your own TP-Link Kasa Matter Smart Plug work with your TP-Link Deco router?

- Mesh Technology

- Fast Roaming

- Beamforming

Instead, please relay these to your team to question why TP-Link devices do not interact properly with each other? That's the bigger question I'm scratching my head.

Options
2024-02-28 01:49:22

@oneframe 

Hi, Thanks for the update.

The IOT network of Deco is not isolated from the main network and the devices from the main network could still communicate with IOT devices.

Turning these roaming-related features is just a temporary suggestion to narrow the problem.

It has been reported to the engineers and I would like to follow up on your case via email.

I still hope you can help me test whether these suggestions make any difference.

Thank you very much and best regards.

Options
2024-02-28 02:31:10

Hi @David-TP , my bad. I didn't realise the IoT feature was fixed in a later firmware that does not isolate the communication from the main network. I just installed an old Belkin Wemo plug which I was ready to discard and it is connected to the IoT network and still available to view in the Apple Home.

I disabled the "Fast Roaming" feature, but kept the "Beamforming" and "OFDMA/MU-MIMU" enabled. I will monitor the connection issue and report back in a few days.

Options
2024-02-29 23:44:00

Okay, so a Kasa Matter Smart Plug has disconnected from the Deco yesterday as disappointingly expected.

I have disabled "Beamforming" and rebooted the network. I'll see how long a Kasa Matter Smart Plug remains connected before I go test out more options.

Options

Information

Helpful: 2

Views: 428

Replies: 5

Related Articles