Bluetooth LE Audio

Bluetooth LE Audio

Bluetooth LE Audio
Bluetooth LE Audio
2024-02-27 05:26:09

Hi,

Does TP-Link support Bluetooth LE Audio. If so in which version of Bluetooth?

Can an AX3000 Wi-Fi 6 Bluetooth 5.0 PCIe Adapter Archer TX3000E V2 be upgraded to support Bluetooth LE Audio?

Thanks

Paul

Options
6 Reply
Re:Bluetooth LE Audio
2024-02-29 01:19:16

@PaulC67 

Hi, welcome to the community.

UB400 /UB4A&UB500/UB5A support BLE. You could refer to Q4 & Q5 here:

General questions about Bluetooth USB Adapter

For Archer TX3000E, there hasn't been any record of it. I will need to check with the engineer first.

Best regards.

Options
2024-02-29 04:46:16

@PaulC67 Thanks David for the reply and the helpful links attached to them.
I am however still a little uncertain if there are any differences between Bluetooth LE and Bluetooth LE Audio.
Some of the literature i have read seems to imply that there is a little more to BLE Audio with the attachment of a new/different codec (LC3) attached to the BLE Audio.
I can't see any reference to this in the articles that are linked. BLE Audio is required for the newer Hearing Aids which is where my interest lies. Do you have any more information?
Thanks Paul

Options
2024-02-29 04:51:29

@PaulC67 Hi David, AQ correction I can see it in the description to the newer PCI adapter mention BLE Audio and Bluetooth 5.2.

Options
2024-03-01 00:10:52 - last edited 2024-03-01 00:11:10

@PaulC67 

Hi,

If I understand the information provided on this website (including its embedded video) 

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/products/docs/wireless/bluetooth-solutions.html
correctly, then you will need a card with an Intel Wi-Fi 6E module and a computer "With Intel 13th Gen platform and beyond" to be able to enjoy their Bluetooth LE Audio.

The Archer TX3000E should be using an Intel Wi-Fi 6 AX200 module (you can check this in the Windows Device Manager), so it would not qualify.

Beside the above, if you are using Microsoft Windows, then it needs to be a recent version of Windows 11 in order to support Bluetooth LE Audio.

My computer running an up-to-date Windows 11 with an Intel Wi-Fi 6E AX210 M.2 module installed and a CPU from AMD doesn't show the LE Audio option in Windows, so this combination does also not qualify.
I have also checked with a TP-Link UB500 Bluetooth 5.3 USB adapter and the option to activate LE Audio in Windows 11 is not shown either. 

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/check-if-your-windows-11-pc-supports-bluetooth-low-energy-audio-2b79c085-0353-4467-8306-ebb2657a91de

Options
2024-03-02 02:37:49

@PaulC67 
Hi All thanks fro all the replies. I have lloked at the Intel Web site.
I am aware that my existing PCI adaper AX3000 probably is not upgradable. However I thouhgt that the Blue tooth 5.3 included the drivers for the Bluetooth Audio.

The following is a copilot answer to my question.

Copilot
To use Bluetooth audio on your computer, there are a few requirements you need to consider. Let’s break it down:

Bluetooth Compatibility:
Your computer must have built-in Bluetooth capabilities or support.
If your PC doesn’t have Bluetooth, you can use a USB Bluetooth adapter by plugging it into a USB port on your computer.
Operating System:
For Windows, ensure that you are running Windows 11, version 22H2 or newer.
Mac users can follow similar steps.
Audio Codec Support:
Your computer should have a compatible audio codec for Bluetooth audio.
Some common audio codecs include AAC, SBC, and aptX.
Bluetooth Low Energy (LE) Audio:
If you’re interested in LE Audio, which offers improved audio quality and features, make sure your PC supports it.
LE Audio requires LE-capable drivers from the manufacturer for both the Bluetooth LE radio and the audio codec.

Certainly! LC3 (Low Complexity Communication Codec) is an audio codec that plays a significant role in Bluetooth audio. Let’s delve into how it relates to Windows 11:

Bluetooth LE Audio and LC3:
Bluetooth LE Audio, short for Bluetooth Low Energy Audio, utilizes the LC3 codec.
LC3 is designed for lower power consumption while maintaining better audio quality.
It supports features like connecting to multiple devices simultaneously and broadcast audio.
Windows 11 and Bluetooth LE Audio:
Microsoft has been working on integrating Bluetooth LE Audio into Windows 11.
The collaboration involves Samsung and Intel.
The goal is to enhance audio experiences by leveraging the LC3 codec.
LC3 in Windows 11:
Windows 11 introduced Bluetooth LE Audio in version 22H2 (KB5026446).
The architecture involves the LC3 codec in the Bluetooth controller and the codec in the audio DSP.
This enables efficient audio streaming with improved quality and power efficiency.
In summary, LC3 is a key player in the evolution of Bluetooth audio, and its integration into Windows 11 promises better wireless audio experiences for users like you!

I understand from this and the Bluetooth site that the Bluetooth LE Audio is independent from the CPU provided we are running the latest version Windows 11 22H2.
Any thoughts?
Thanks for your time.

Paul

Options
2024-03-02 14:55:38

@PaulC67 

Bluetooth LE Audio itself is independent from the CPU, but if Intel decided that their own drivers for their own Intel Bluetooth hardware shall only enable LE Audio if one of their latest Intel CPUs is installed, then nobody could stop them from doing that.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 333

Replies: 6

Related Articles