TP-Link Vx230v Connection Problems

2024-03-04 19:48:45
Model: Archer VX1800v  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version:

Hello, I have a Vx230v modem. I sent this Vx230v modem to TP-Link Turkey service for connection problems and it was replaced with a new one. I unboxed and installed the new Vx230v modem but nothing changed. My connection problem continued. I opened several threads on the TP-Link forum and asked for help, but nothing was done except to say that this model was developed for ISPs. If this model was developed for ISPs, why was it sold to individual users? Even on the box there is no indication that it was developed for ISPs. This is a complete scam.
Another problem is that there is no Vx230v option in the model section when opening a topic in the forum, which is ridiculous. Is there no one responsible for this situation? Seriously, if this situation continues, I will message TP-Link social media accounts and all TP-Link employees via Linkedin.

I uploaded a video on youtube about my problems: https://youtu.be/_aTbO2haBPo

Options
12 Reply
Re:TP-Link Vx230v Connection Problems
2024-03-06 08:13:54

@Mockev1z 

Hi, 

We community team do want to help you but we don't have or only have very limited information about ISP models, that is also why this model number is not listed when starting a thread, so do other ISP models. The problem in this case is that why this ISP model is available in technology store as mentioned in your other threads.

Thus we will contact the local Turkey team to report your case and let them investigate it further.

Besides, I do understand your frustration since the product doesn't work properly even after getting it replaced. Please help to confirm the following details about the issue, we will forward them to the local team as well.

1. Who is your ISP please?

2. Based on the video, you are unable to access internet or access the device web management page, please confirm if the VX230v is always not working like in the video, or sometimes it works fine and then suddenly the issue will appear. If it is the latter, will a reboot solve the issue temporally?

Or did you ever contact your ISP to check if the line is working fine or not?

If you found the post or response helpful, please click Helpful. If an answer solves your problem, click "Recommended Solution" so that others can benefit from it.
Options
2024-03-06 09:45:32

@Sunshine 

ISS: Türk Telekom

Hello Sunshine,

1- I called the ISP technical team and they changed the cable coming to the house and measured and stated that there was no problem.

2- After the cable replacement and measurement, I used the Vx230v modem again and nothing changed. I bought a Huawei HG658V2 modem from the internet and connected it to the internet. I tested it for 3 days with the Huawei HG658V2 modem and I did not experience any of the problems I experienced with the Vx230v modem.

3- The problems shown in the video happen all the time. Even if I turn the modem off and on again, reset and reinstall the modem, nothing changes. I cannot enter the modem interface for 1-2 minutes. The internet connection is interrupted for 1-2 minutes.

Problems I'm Experiencing and What I've Tried:

1- Even if I am next to the modem in the 5GHz band, it gives 3 signal strength and then increases to 4 signal strength.

2- 5GHz band comes to the Wi-Fi list very late.

3- The Wi-Fi I leave the modem and move to the next room does not give internet connection even if I get 4 signal strength.

4-I keep getting "Recv no OFFER, DHCP Service unavailable", "Send Discover with request ip 0.0.0.0 and unicast flag 0" and "Send Discover with request ip 0.0.0.0 and unicast flag 1" errors in the log records of the modem.

5- I tried the Wi-Fi channel settings of the modem one by one and the result did not change.

6- I downgraded from WPA-3 to WPA-2 and the result did not change.

7- I turned off the Wi-Fi 6 option but the result did not change.

8- When I sent the modem to TP-Link Turkey technical service, I wrote the problems I experienced in the box and sent it with a video link. Apart from the problems I experienced, I also asked the following question: I added why they sell a modem produced for ISP in the technology store to individual users. When I queried my modem from the Technical Service Status Inquiry section on the website, no information was given other than a text stating that they tested the modem and there was no problem.

9-I looked at all the writing on the box and there is no indication that it is a customized model for ISPs. I saw that the only ISP in Turkey that uses this modem is Türk Telekom and it is offered to fiber users under the name Ex20v. When I looked at the interface of the Ex20v modem online, I saw that it is very different from our interface. Since this modem did not sell as expected, was the software ported from another modem and offered to individual users?

10- I started to search the internet for the problems I was having with my Vx230v. When I looked at technology forums in Turkey, I saw that other users had the same problems and sent it to the technical service, but nothing changed. I also realized that these problems were not for one ISP, but for different ISPs.I was going to add these links but the forum won't let me.

Options
2024-03-08 12:04:52

@Mockev1z 

Hi, we've already contacted the TP-Link Turkey team to investigate it and follow up your case, please pay attention to your email inbox.

If you found the post or response helpful, please click Helpful. If an answer solves your problem, click "Recommended Solution" so that others can benefit from it.
Options
2024-03-08 13:38:26

@Sunshine 

Thank you.

Options
2024-03-30 09:48:12

TP-Link Turkey retested the modem and sent it to me again, stating that there was no problem. On 13.03.2024, I received the modem and when I tested it again, the problem was still there. When I entered the interface, a software update dated 13.03.2024 was released and when I downloaded and tested it immediately, this situation was fixed, but when I requested a refund because I could not use this modem for 6 months, they stated that they could not refund money because they were the manufacturer. If I hadn't opened this thread here, maybe this situation would still be going on. As long as such an understanding continues, they will lose many customers. I do not recommend TP-Link products because of their service and software. I also thank Sunshine for their help.

Options
2024-04-01 03:00:22

@Mockev1z 

Thank you for the update, and I'm glad to hear that the software update released on 13.03.2024 was able to resolve the problem you were experiencing with the modem.

I understand your frustration regarding the refund request. However, please keep in mind that TP-Link, as the manufacturer, generally does not sell products directly to end users. The specific warranty or refund policies may vary depending on the region and the retailer.

As a member of our community team, our primary focus is on providing global support for retailer version products, and we have limited capabilities when it comes to handling warranty or sales-related issues. I appreciate your understanding in this matter.

Options
2024-04-01 19:41:50

@Sunshine 

DHCP errors in the logs still persist. Is there any chance to report this to the software team?

Options
2024-04-05 15:19:46

@Sunshine 

After the last modem update, the disconnection problem disappeared, but this time there are sudden ping spikes. As if the problems of this modem will not end, if there is no refund, I stated that I want a different tp-link product equivalent to the Vx230v modem, but tp-link turkey did not return to my mail.

Options
2024-04-07 10:31:36

It's frustrating when replacements don't solve the problem. It seems there's a communication gap regarding the intended use of the modem. Have you tried reaching out to exemption calculator or TP-Link's customer support directly for assistance? They might be able to provide more personalized help.

Options
2024-04-07 14:27:52

@johnronaldo66 

TP-Link customer service doesn't even listen to me, they keep saying the same things like a robot. I've opened 3-4 forum threads about the modem's connection issues and I've only been able to get them to release a new update. I've sent the modem to customer service 3 times and they send it back saying no problem.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 676

Replies: 12

Related Articles