ac1900 (c80) AP connection to tp-link and the IoT connection

2024-03-14 01:12:26 - last edited 2024-03-15 00:51:01
Model: Archer C80  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: latest

difficulty to have wpa2 security on my tp-link AP  connection and keep the IoT connection as NONE for security  are they related and both can be used as two separate connections ??

seems they are linked that my phone cancels both when the tp-link AP (c80 or ac1900) with security is not setup or connected right.  The IoT is not independent off my main router ? 

Then when i setup wpa2 security on the one connection; the wpa2 defaults to the IoT device connection; that i know what work as IoT devices are open, no security

is this a bug or can connect to one or the other; only  ?

is there a model with both working connections  ??

I assume connecting to  2.4 and 5 ghz devices works together at the same time with any combination. 

seems the router/AP does not try to connect again or show up in my phone SSID device list always.   IF there no good connection or some mis communications outside with the end device; then my phone does not see the available connection either.  Makes no sense at all as the AP is on, working but maybe the end connecting device has a problem. That should be un related to seeing all possible phone SSID's to connect to 

omg your list is terrible to find your own arouters; you don't say archer you find ac1900 or c80. Then i get a msg search routers; and not APs

yes this is a AP only  not a router !!! 

Do you now your models and can list in the right category ?

Options
1 Reply
Re:ac1900 (c80) AP connection to tp-link and the IoT connection
2024-03-14 12:03:58 - last edited 2024-03-15 00:50:48

@c80-pool 

If you use Archer C80 in AP mode the main network is not separated from the IoT network. Most of the IoT devices can work with wireless security WPA2-PSK[AES].

Same rule is valid for the main network and the guest network (if you use it). They can be separated only if C80 is in wireless router mode.

If you have IoT devices in your network  it's best to separate the 2.4 GHz from 5 GHz band - disable Smart Connect feature in C80 wireless settings.

If this was helpful click once on the arrow pointing upward. If this solves your issue, click once the star to mark it as a "Recommended Solution".
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 97

Replies: 1

Related Articles