Payment Terminal Keeps Disconnecting from Network

2024-03-16 15:08:40 - last edited 2024-03-17 14:50:56
Model: Archer VR400  
Hardware Version: V3
Firmware Version: 1.5.0 0.9.1 v00a1.0 Build 220321 Rel.60385n

I have a payment terminal that keeps getting disconnected after a moment of idling, like 5-10 minutes, and I have to first establish connection by doing a network test, then it reconnects in the Traffic Monitor.

This did not happen on my older TP-WD9960, only on Archer VR400 V3.

Wi-Fi and Ethernet on PC is working fine, just the terminal keeps disconnecting.

I checked, there are no IP conflicts.

Can someone help me?

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:Payment Terminal Keeps Disconnecting from Network-Solution
2024-03-17 14:50:53 - last edited 2024-03-17 14:52:09

I probably managed to fix the problem.

I was using a TL-WA854RE, which had DHCP on, on a range that would not conflict with the main modem, however, it still assigned the payment terminal's IP to a device, leading to an IP conflict that I did not see in the first place. I noticed that everything was working fine when I turned off Wi-Fi. So in order to diagnose and try and replicate the problem, I tried:

Turning on Wi-Fi with no extender = everything worked fine.

Turning on Wi-Fi with extender = payment terminal lost it's IP address to other device

The Solution:

Main Modem

1. Set a fixed number channel for Wi-fi

Extender

1. Going into the Extender's Setting

2. Disabled DHCP

3. Set a static IP for it: 192.168.1.254, you may have to use a different address, depending on what IP setting you use.

I hope this solution will also work for you, whoever stumbles upon this thread in the future.

Recommended Solution
Options
3 Reply
Re:Payment Terminal Keeps Disconnecting from Network-Solution
2024-03-17 14:50:53 - last edited 2024-03-17 14:52:09

I probably managed to fix the problem.

I was using a TL-WA854RE, which had DHCP on, on a range that would not conflict with the main modem, however, it still assigned the payment terminal's IP to a device, leading to an IP conflict that I did not see in the first place. I noticed that everything was working fine when I turned off Wi-Fi. So in order to diagnose and try and replicate the problem, I tried:

Turning on Wi-Fi with no extender = everything worked fine.

Turning on Wi-Fi with extender = payment terminal lost it's IP address to other device

The Solution:

Main Modem

1. Set a fixed number channel for Wi-fi

Extender

1. Going into the Extender's Setting

2. Disabled DHCP

3. Set a static IP for it: 192.168.1.254, you may have to use a different address, depending on what IP setting you use.

I hope this solution will also work for you, whoever stumbles upon this thread in the future.

Recommended Solution
Options
Re:Payment Terminal Keeps Disconnecting from Network
2024-03-19 06:22:12

@woolwil 

Thank you very much for the update, glad to hear that you've found and resolved the issue.

Options
Re:Payment Terminal Keeps Disconnecting from Network
2024-03-22 20:17:08

Have you tried adjusting any settings on your Archer VR400 V3 router to see if that resolves the problem? It might be worth exploring router configuration options or reaching out to the car simulator manufacturer's support for assistance.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 125

Replies: 3

Related Articles