Unable to connect my Archer A6v3 router (secondary) to Archer C6V4 (main) through mesh network

Unable to connect my Archer A6v3 router (secondary) to Archer C6V4 (main) through mesh network

2024-03-16 22:37:39 - last edited 2024-03-18 16:36:45
Model: Archer A6   Archer C6  
Hardware Version: V3
Firmware Version:

Hello, 

Today I bought a brand new Archer C6 V4 router as my main router. Previously Ive owned archer A6 V3 router, which i was willing to used through mesh network system of tp link. But im unable to connect my a6 router to c6 anyway. in the tether app, c6 is shown in a6 onemesh, but cannot connect through that. In the C6, that easy mesh couldnt even find the a6 anyway. 

Is there a compatible issue between these two? Btw both routers firmware is updated to latest one. 

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:Unable to connect my Archer A6v3 router (secondary) to Archer C6V4 (main) through mesh network-Solution
2024-03-17 01:10:58 - last edited 2024-03-18 16:36:45

@aspret 

Hi,

Connecting a OneMesh router as a secondary device was never supported by OneMesh. Only TP-Link's wireless range extenders and a few of TP-Link's Powerline adapters could be connected to a main router via OneMesh.
So, what you are seeing is not a compatible issue, but intended behavior.

However, EasyMesh routers do support to be connected as secondary devices.
Hence you could make your Mesh network work if you use the Archer A6 V3 as the main router and the Archer C6 V4 as the secondary router.
Note that you will have to use the WPS button method to connect the two routers with each other, like this:
1) Reset the C6 V4 to factory defaults and wait a minute to let it boot up again.
2) Press the WPS button of the A6 V3 first and then within two minutes press the WPS button of the C6 V4.

Recommended Solution
Options
2 Reply
Re:Unable to connect my Archer A6v3 router (secondary) to Archer C6V4 (main) through mesh network-Solution
2024-03-17 01:10:58 - last edited 2024-03-18 16:36:45

@aspret 

Hi,

Connecting a OneMesh router as a secondary device was never supported by OneMesh. Only TP-Link's wireless range extenders and a few of TP-Link's Powerline adapters could be connected to a main router via OneMesh.
So, what you are seeing is not a compatible issue, but intended behavior.

However, EasyMesh routers do support to be connected as secondary devices.
Hence you could make your Mesh network work if you use the Archer A6 V3 as the main router and the Archer C6 V4 as the secondary router.
Note that you will have to use the WPS button method to connect the two routers with each other, like this:
1) Reset the C6 V4 to factory defaults and wait a minute to let it boot up again.
2) Press the WPS button of the A6 V3 first and then within two minutes press the WPS button of the C6 V4.

Recommended Solution
Options
Re:Unable to connect my Archer A6v3 router (secondary) to Archer C6V4 (main) through mesh network
2024-03-18 16:36:41
thanks very much. it works now, though i was having connectivity issues at first couple of try, but now all ok. getting 150mbps up and down in both routers with stable ping as well. appreciated.
Options

Information

Helpful: 1

Views: 199

Replies: 2

Related Articles