Periodic/Scheduled Network Optimization

2024-03-17 06:36:22
Tags: #optimization
Model: Deco M4  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 1.6.1 Build 20231227 Rel. 80438

I live in an apartment building and one of the issues I have to face almost every other day is that my 2.4 GHz Wifi stops working near my satellite Deco due to interference from another 2.4 GHz Wifi from the floor above us. The interference is solved by just doing the network optimization thing which changes the 2.4 GHz channel to a freer one. I have to manually do this anytime one of the smartphones without 5 GHz support stops receiving internet. 

I've read a couple of posts here about channel switching where TP-Link staff stated that Deco is supposed to optimize itself but I don't see that happening on my devices. I also had a 58 replies email thread with a TP-Link HQ engineer who tried a lot of things but wasn't able to solve my issue. 

Hence my suggestion is implementing a scheduled system or some sort of automation to the Network Optimization feature.

Options
2 Reply
Re:Periodic/Scheduled Network Optimization
a week ago

@caznaran 

@tonyjp2022 

Hi, I merged both of your feature requests about "Network Optimization" into an early post.

There is currently no intention to include a Network Optimization schedule.

When you optimize the network on the Deco APP, it sorts of restarts the Wi-Fi module of Deco once to re-detect the nearby wireless condition and decide whether or not to switch to other wireless channels. A similar effect could be obtained using the reboot schedule.

Thank you very much and best regards.

Options
Re:Periodic/Scheduled Network Optimization
a week ago
i have the reboot schedule already embled yes i beleve it does what you explained Thanks for the update
Options

Information

Helpful: 2

Views: 168

Replies: 2

Voters 2

Tags

optimization