Deco & Bell Fibe

Deco & Bell Fibe

Deco & Bell Fibe
Deco & Bell Fibe
2024-03-17 21:05:46
Model: Deco M4  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 3.7.11

Trying to connect 3 deco m4 r in either router mode or AP mode to bell Home Hub2000. I have turned off the wireless on the HH200 and want to use the decos as my wireless network. I have an unmanaged switch with many other devices connected via Ethernet. I also have Ethernet cables to two of the deco locations.   Wondering if it is best to use the main deco as the router and wire it to the switch or wire each deco to the switch in AP mode. Not sure if I can/should wire each with Ethernet back to the swith ie to the deco and back to the switch (backhaul?) what's the best way to set this up? What settings do I need to change on the home hub or deco if any?

Options
2 Reply
Re:Deco & Bell Fibe
2024-03-17 23:44:28

@FrogXL 

I would recommend running Deco mesh in Access Point mode. In that mode, you can wire Deco units any way you want. 

Wire each Deco, including Main Deco, to the switch:

If you have free ports on ISP router, you can also wire Deco node(s) directly to the router if you'd like to. For example, my home network consists of three wired Deco units: two including Main Deco wired to the switch like on network diagram above, one Satellite Deco wired directly to ISP router.

Options
Re:Deco & Bell Fibe
2024-03-18 16:42:06

@Alexandre. Thank you...Will give it a try tonight

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 826

Replies: 2

Related Articles