Wireless router or Access point mode for TP-Link router connecting ISP provided ZTE modem?

Wireless router or Access point mode for TP-Link router connecting ISP provided ZTE modem?

2024-03-21 09:42:26
Model: Archer C20  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

My ISP has provided an only wired ZTE GPON ONT ZXHN F620 in order to connect to the fiber cable, and now I am trying to figure out whether I should use wireless router mode or access point mode on the Archer C20 I am connecting to it for internet access. Keep in mind, the only purpose of the ZTE is to connect a router to it, I have no wired connections to the internet.

Options
3 Reply
Re:Wireless router or Access point mode for TP-Link router connecting ISP provided ZTE modem?
2024-03-22 05:41:12

@ModemsConfuseMe 

If the ZTE device is a bridge modem, you need to use router mode on the Archer C20.

Options
Re:Wireless router or Access point mode for TP-Link router connecting ISP provided ZTE modem?
2024-03-22 08:49:30

@Sunshine I just checked the settings on the ZTE and it has DHCP and NAT on, so I don't think it is bridged. And there is no toggle to bridge it, only an option to disable DHCP server. What should I do?

Options
2024-03-22 09:08:32
I am thinking to put the TP-Link in access point mode rather than wireless router mode so it just becomes one with the network of the ISP provided ZTE modem. But is this ok for security and will it have any bad consequences?
Options