TP-LINK ARCHER AXE75 (AXE5400 Tri-Band Gigabit Wi-Fi 6E Router)

2024-03-23 01:42:09 - last edited 3 weeks ago
Model: Archer AXE75  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Does Archer AXE75 support Bridge mode? From the marketing info I see only:

• Router Mode
  • AP Mode

Entering the tplink emulator for Archer AXE75 I see same under CHANGE MODE

Following this tutorial https://www.youtube-nocookie.com/embed/CbN1apeTbLI I cant see any Bridge mode

But under Network > Internet > NAT I see Enable/Disable NAT and also I see some option called NAT Forwarding... is this the compensation for not having the Bridge Mode or did I miss something? 

My setup: ISP Modem > cat6e > Archer AXE75 > cat6e > Archer AXE75 ...so obviously I would like to connect it in Bridge mode to avoid triple NAT and other rising issues

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:TP-LINK ARCHER AXE75 (AXE5400 Tri-Band Gigabit Wi-Fi 6E Router)-Solution
2024-03-25 09:13:17 - last edited 3 weeks ago

@hWmMzIfYNRISEgn 

Hi, by bridge mode, you just would like to not use NAT, it will still connect to your network via Ethernet cable, right? If so, you should use the AP mode, which is not a NAT any more.

Recommended Solution
Options
3 Reply
Re:TP-LINK ARCHER AXE75 (AXE5400 Tri-Band Gigabit Wi-Fi 6E Router)-Solution
2024-03-25 09:13:17 - last edited 3 weeks ago

@hWmMzIfYNRISEgn 

Hi, by bridge mode, you just would like to not use NAT, it will still connect to your network via Ethernet cable, right? If so, you should use the AP mode, which is not a NAT any more.

Recommended Solution
Options
Re:TP-LINK ARCHER AXE75 (AXE5400 Tri-Band Gigabit Wi-Fi 6E Router)
a week ago

@Sunshine in case of this topology:

ISPmodem > ArcherAxe75(router1 - router mode) > ArcherAxe75(router2 - AP mode)

1. should router1 > router2 be connected via LAN > LAN or LAN > WAN port?
  2. should the DHCP server on router2 be set to AUTO or OFF?
  3. should NAT be ON or OFF on router2?
  4. if router1 broadcasts wifi, will router2 (upstairs) be able to cover the upper floor from the wifi broadcasted from router1?
  5. should router2's wifi be turned off so that router1's wifi covers (via router2) the whole house?
  6. or should router2's wifi be turned on as well? and in that case should the SSID and PW be the same or different from the wifi from router1?

note: I don't need to have 2 wifi networks if it's not necessary.

simply put, the idea is as follows: I'm connected to wifi from router1 on the ground floor and I run upstairs and don't lose the signal

note 2: wifi from router 1 cannot cover the upper floor, that's why I bought two identical routers to cover the whole house

please advise me, I'm no IT person and I've been playing with it for 3 days and it still doesn't work.

Options
Re:TP-LINK ARCHER AXE75 (AXE5400 Tri-Band Gigabit Wi-Fi 6E Router)
a week ago

@hWmMzIfYNRISEgn 

Hi, you could refer to Case One in this guide to configure the second Archer AXE75 as an access point: How to configure the TP-Link wireless router as Access Point

Regarding your questions:

1. LAN > WAN

2. DHCP Server on router 2 can be either Auto or OFF, when it is Auto, if it connects and detects the DHCP Server of Router 1, it will turn off its own DHCP Server.

3. No NAT any more when router 2 is in AP mode

4. Router 1 and Router 2 are different WiFi signals no matter the WiFi settings are the same or not, they are connected via wired cable instead of WiFi.

5/6. It depends on whether the Router 1 WiFi could cover the whole house or not, if not, you could turn WiFi on on the Router 2 as well. When Router 2 WiFi is turned on, you could use the same WiFi name&password as the Router 1 since you don't need two WiFi networks. 

Options