Messing router table ??

Messing router table ??
Messing router table ??
2024-03-27 16:51:40
Model: Deco E4  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version: Latest one - always updated

Hi,

I have been struggling with a situation and don't know how to fix it. I hope you guys could give me some advice to solve it.

I have these topologies in my network.

After a while—whether it's one day, a few minutes, or even weeks—I can't access or even ping these devices from D1 to D2.

Here are the things I try when this happens:

• Restarting device 1 doesn't fix the issue.
  • Restarting device 2 doesn't fix the issue.
  • Restarting the Deco connected to D1 always resolves the problem.

It seems that the Deco loses the entry in the route table for these specific devices.

How can I debug this?

Options
6 Reply
Re:Messing router table ??
2024-03-28 06:04:29

@tpicon 

Hi, are the satellite Deco units connected via Wireless Backhaul?

Have you tried to set "Address Reservation" for both devices to see whether it helped?

When they are not pingable, do they still have internet service and work well?

Wait for your reply and best regards.

Options
2024-03-28 20:43:49

@David-TP 

Tks for your fast reply

1- Yes, the Deco units are connected via Wireless Backhaul

2- Yes, actually I´ve tried both alternatives, with "adress reservation" and without it

3 - Yes, they always have internet, D1 and D2

It seems a local network problem. Is there any way to see the router tables in order to check if there is anything wrong??

Options
3 weeks ago

@tpicon 

Hi, Thank you very much for the update.

I'm afraid that there hasn't been a router table on the Deco APP.

Are you able to constantly reproduce this issue in a short time?

May I know the current firmware version of your Deco E4? Maybe I can check whether there is any newer firmware availble.

By the way, is there an ISP router in front of Deco E4?

If yes, you could try to set Deco E4 into Access Point mode to see whether it helped:

How to set up Deco to work in Access Point mode

Wait for your reply and best regards.

Options
3 weeks ago
Hi David The current firmware is 1.6.1 Build 20231227 Yes, it's quite easy to reproduce the problem And yes, there is an ISP router in front of de Deco and I already tried to setup just in AP mode. Same behaviour :-( If you have another tip or advice I can try Thansk for your attention
Options
3 weeks ago

@tpicon 

Hi,

I'm still struggling here (and almost quitting, LOL).

I want to point out some interesting facts.

For instance, I replaced the DVR with an NVR at location D2. When I use the camera app, which goes through their cloud, I can access it normally. Also, if I go to the router, I can see the cameras' IPs there. Image below:

But, I can't ping the cameras in general through the Deco.

Again, turning the cameras off and on doesn't solve the problem. However, if I restart the Deco, I can ping the cameras again...

Another interesting fact: Now, I'm not at home. I can access the cameras remotely but can't access the Deco configuration. So, I do have internet normally; otherwise, I couldn't access the cameras. But, I don't know why I can't access the Deco. I've asked my girlfriend to turn off and turn on the Deco, and finally, I can access the Deco normally again.

Options
2 weeks ago

@tpicon 

Hi guys,

Thanks David-TP for trying to help me. However, due to the lack of response from support, and I believe nobody can help us, I'm giving up and selling my Deco setup.

I will close this post.

Thank you

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 207

Replies: 6

Related Articles