Previously Connected Devices Will Not Reconnect to Network

2024-04-01 17:12:15 - last edited 2024-04-03 03:01:56
Model: Deco X20  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 3.17.14

Good afternoon,

We are having problems with our network. On the app, the message is "everything looks good." The devices that are on the network are working with no issues.

The problem we are having right now is with three devices that I can't get to reconnect to the network. None of these devices are new. They have gone offline for some reason and we can't get them back on. The only thing that has changed is that we got rid of one Mac desktop and replaced it with another Mac desktop.

The three items:

1. Garage door opener will not connect on the MyQ app. 

2. Photo Share digitial frame.

3. Brother printer. Model #:  HL-L2395DW

One thread I read suggested creating a guest network that was not password protected to see if the devices would connect to that network. I tried that to no avail. 

Thank you for any help you can provide.

DeLynn

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:Previously Connected Devices Will Not Reconnect to Network-Solution
2024-04-02 13:56:50 - last edited 2024-04-03 03:01:56

@DeLynn 

In addition to what others suggested:

1. Check "Block List" in Deco app under More. If it has entries, remove them. Unlikely, but maybe these three devices were placed in Block List.

2. Your Main Deco must be connected to ISP modem/router. If that modem/router has WiFi, turn it off. It might be possible these devices are trying to connect to ISP modem/router instead of Deco mesh. If both have same SSID but different password, that would explain what you see.

3. Out of all three devices you listed, Brother printer HL-L2395DW has Ethernet port. Bring it to Satellite Deco (or Satellite Deco to printer), connect them both with Ethernet cable. See if printer can establish Ethernet link and becomes connected, and if it does - you can keep that as a workaround until root case of problem is found and fixed.

Recommended Solution
Options
6 Reply
Re:Previously Connected Devices Will Not Reconnect to Network
2024-04-02 04:39:42

@DeLynn Is the firmware version correct? If it is, then it's a customized firmware (likely from an ISP)

In that case, you need to contact the ISP for the issue

Just a M4 (2-pack) user who regrets buying it
Options
2024-04-02 06:59:52

@DeLynn, welcome to the community.

Would there be any error message when these three devices failed to connect to Deco X20?

Please try to disable "Fast Roaming" and "Beamforming" on the Deco APP>More>Advanced first.

It is suggested to temporarily power off the Mac desktop first, then restart the whole Mesh system; and check again whether they could connect to Deco or not.

Wait for your reply and best regards.

Options
2024-04-02 13:38:14

@ImtiazAli 

I am not sure where I got that number from! You rightly recognized that it was wrong. 

When I look on the app right now it says: Firmware Version 1.2.4 Build 20231202 Rel. 32618

Thank you for taking the time to reply. It didn't make sense to me that it's an ISP issue as the network is working well

elsewhere, but when I read your post I thought perhaps I was wrong!

Options
Re:Previously Connected Devices Will Not Reconnect to Network-Solution
2024-04-02 13:56:50 - last edited 2024-04-03 03:01:56

@DeLynn 

In addition to what others suggested:

1. Check "Block List" in Deco app under More. If it has entries, remove them. Unlikely, but maybe these three devices were placed in Block List.

2. Your Main Deco must be connected to ISP modem/router. If that modem/router has WiFi, turn it off. It might be possible these devices are trying to connect to ISP modem/router instead of Deco mesh. If both have same SSID but different password, that would explain what you see.

3. Out of all three devices you listed, Brother printer HL-L2395DW has Ethernet port. Bring it to Satellite Deco (or Satellite Deco to printer), connect them both with Ethernet cable. See if printer can establish Ethernet link and becomes connected, and if it does - you can keep that as a workaround until root case of problem is found and fixed.

Recommended Solution
Options
2024-04-02 15:23:17

@David-TP 

Thank you for taking the time to reply.

The printer prints out a response about the problem. One is to make sure the password is entered correctly; I know that is not the issue (even if I made an error once, I would not have made the error multiple times--especially since I check before submitting). I confess the other things the report mentions I don't necessarily understand--but I just don't get why, with only the addition of a computer to the system, all of a suddent the printer (as well as the garage door opener) is not working. 

"Please try to disable "Fast Roaming" and "Beamforming" on the Deco APP>More>Advanced first.

It is suggested to temporarily power off the Mac desktop first, then restart the whole Mesh system; and check again whether they could connect to Deco or not."

I did as you suggested (Fast Roaming was already disabled). The printer will still not connect. (I haven't tried the garage door opener--I have to get a ladder to do so--I figure that when I get the printer going I will then connect that!)

Thank you for taking the time to reply! This is so frustrating--I appreciate your help.

Options
2024-04-02 15:28:56

@Alexandre. 

Oh my! For some reason they were both blocked!!! I have no idea how that happened. Thank you SO much!!

I appreciate you taking the time to reply!

Options