How to connect to open wifi that requires username and password upon connection?

How to connect to open wifi that requires username and password upon connection?

2024-04-02 07:43:12 - last edited 3 weeks ago
Model: RE305  
Hardware Version: V4
Firmware Version: 1.0.4

I want to connect my wifi range extender RE305 to a wifi that opens up an auth portal upon connection. In the auth portal, I need to enter username and password to access the internet. WiFi itself has no password.

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:How to connect to open wifi that requires username and password upon connection?-Solution
2024-04-03 10:01:03 - last edited 3 weeks ago

@gorv 

Hi, welcome to the community.

Generally speaking, the configuration process with Portal has no difference from the normal wireless network for RE305.

However, as the Portal authentication methods of public Wi-Fi are not uniform, we haven't done field testing, and we can not guarantee that it will work in all conditions.

Since you already have the RE305, you could try to set it up with the portal WiFi and check whether the mobile devices could get the redirect page for portal authentication when connecting to RE305.

Thank you very much and best regards.

Recommended Solution
Options
1 Reply
Re:How to connect to open wifi that requires username and password upon connection?-Solution
2024-04-03 10:01:03 - last edited 3 weeks ago

@gorv 

Hi, welcome to the community.

Generally speaking, the configuration process with Portal has no difference from the normal wireless network for RE305.

However, as the Portal authentication methods of public Wi-Fi are not uniform, we haven't done field testing, and we can not guarantee that it will work in all conditions.

Since you already have the RE305, you could try to set it up with the portal WiFi and check whether the mobile devices could get the redirect page for portal authentication when connecting to RE305.

Thank you very much and best regards.

Recommended Solution
Options