Can't reach the DHCP server.
Can't reach the DHCP server.
2024-04-02 11:33:55
Model: RE500X   RE650  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.0.4 Build 20210611 Rel. 180628

Hardware version re650: V2

Firmware Version re650: 1.0.5 Build 20211130 Rel. 77836

I have had consistent problems with my oc trying to connect to the internet through my extender. It will take 10-15 minutes to connect to the internet and stay connected but today it has not been able to connect at all. It keeps saying "Cant reach the DHCP server. The network connection quality might be low." And sometimes it would say "no internet connection - connected locally only". I don't understand whats wrong because I've used the extender since last year august and ive only had problems start last month and it keeps getting worse. I've deduced that it is not my PC ethernet port's problem nor is it my ethernet cable. My phones connect to the 5Ghz band just fine and I get the wifi speeds that are expected. I also acquired an RE650 yesterday which worked straight away and my pc connected immediately but it quickly got the same problem as my RE500x and refuses to connect to the internet. I dont have access to the router as i live in the flat and i recently called the isp to change the extender they use.

Options
15 Reply
Re:Can't reach the DHCP server.
2024-04-03 00:09:36

@Staggoyo 

It would be best to describe what your local network looks like - what devices do you have, how they are connected to each other and how they are configured.

Main router - make and model would be helpful as well. Did you have any recent changes in your local network - new devices, configuration changes, firmware updates ?

If this was helpful click once on the arrow pointing upward. If this solves your issue, click once the star to mark it as a "Recommended Solution".
Options
2024-04-03 10:15:58

@Staggoyo 

Hi, Did it help if you try to configure a static IP address on the computer?

How to configure static IP on the computer

Best regards.

Options
2024-04-03 17:36:44

@David-TP 

Hi there,

I tried that a few days ago and it didnt work. I tried doing it just now following the link and it didnt work either. But as soon as i made the ip assignment automatic again it connected to the internet. I would like to understand why it connects only after 10 or so minutes rather than straught away.

Options
2024-04-03 17:51:17

@terziyski 

Ive only got my samsung, iphone and my PC. My pc is the only one that struggles to connect instantly. I have the re550x extender which i connect my ethernet through since i have no ethernet room in my flat. From what i know the network me and the other tenants use is a wifi extender on our floor. We have no access to the primary connection point, so essentially im connecting my extender to the wifi extender on our floor. If i could i would directly run an ethernet cable from that wifi extender into my room, but i live on the ground floor and the main entrance people walk through is outside my door so i cant. I cant get the make and model of the wifi extender outside my room since its bolted to the wall. I recently updated to windows 11 but that hasnt had any positive or negative impacts.

Options
2024-04-03 18:06:02

@Staggoyo 

From " i recently called the isp to change the extender they use. " I would say that the new ISP device might has a narrow wireless coverage than the older one.

So putting your RE closer most probably should improve the wireless connectrion between them.

Use this guide and check if repostitioning the RE improves wireless connection for you.

If this was helpful click once on the arrow pointing upward. If this solves your issue, click once the star to mark it as a "Recommended Solution".
Options
2024-04-06 14:27:08

@terziyski 

It cant be the position of the wifi extender because its been in the same place since i got it... its always displayed a blue led. As ive said it works fine on my phones but it struggles to make my pc connect to the internet

Options
2024-04-06 16:27:18

@Staggoyo 

So far I understand that " My pc is the only one that struggles to connect instantly ". Your mobiles (Samsung, iPhone) don't have an issue connecting to the internet, correct ?

Would you describe what make and model is your PC and in particular your network card that you use to connect to the RE.

Options
2024-04-07 19:33:25

@terziyski 

no my mobile phones have no problem connecting to my RE.

I use an ASUS ROG STRIX X-370 GAMING motherboard which has an Intel(R) I211 Gigabit Network Connection network adapter. I recently upgraded to windows 11 but the problem has persisted since ive had windows 10. I tried using a separate network card in my motherboard's pcie slot and they seemed to work for one day and it went back to the same problem of having to restart my computer multiple times to get a chance of connecting to the internet. Let me know if theres any other details i need to share

Options
2024-04-07 19:54:36

@Staggoyo 

So the issue can be isolated to your PC only. Do you have any other wired devices to test the connection with ?

First, make sure you're with the latest drivers for your NIC - if not update them then test for any improvement.

The other option is to reset your network card and test if there's any improvement:

Go to Start menu > Settings, then select Network and Internet. In the left navigation pane, select Status to make sure you're viewing the network status window. Then scroll down until you see the Network Reset link. Click the Network Reset link and review the Network Reset information message.

Options
3 weeks ago

@terziyski 

drivers have been updated since 2 months ago way before the problem started. I have done the network reset around 4 times, 5 now as im typing this message. None of the resets have helped with this. My extender also decided to cut out of all 5ghz reception and i had to reset it.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 503

Replies: 15

Related Articles