Mac - "Another Device on the Network is Using"...

2024-04-03 03:46:28 - last edited 2024-04-04 01:27:06
Model: TL-WA850RE  
Hardware Version: V7
Firmware Version:

Hi there, 

First of all , I know there are several topics regarding problems with MAC OS but I did not find any solution (or at least) Understood.

I have a home network and I use TL-WA850RE as a Wifi Extender.

I succesfully instalated and created the network EXT. 

The problem is that after a couple of hours when I tried to connect to the "master" Network , my mac says that "Another Device on the Network is Using your computer´s IP adress" and I´m not able to connect unless I reset my router. (in other words, the EXT network is "blocking" the main one,.

I understand that is related to the DHCP, but not sure how to proceed.

Just to give additional information, my home network is integrated by two cellphones, two laptops and two Smart Tv´s.

Thanks for your help. 

Options
2 Accepted Solutions
Re:Mac - "Another Device on the Network is Using"...-Solution
2024-04-04 01:13:40 - last edited 2024-04-04 01:27:06

@Luca5chv 

Set the RE with a static Ip address 192.168.1.254 not 192.168.1.54. Then do the restart procedure for both devices again.

If this was helpful click once on the arrow pointing upward. If this solves your issue, click once the star to mark it as a "Recommended Solution".
Recommended Solution
Options
Re:Mac - "Another Device on the Network is Using"...-Solution
2024-04-04 15:25:14 - last edited 2024-04-04 20:52:23

@Luca5chv 

Try to manually update with this one. Unzip and use the bin file for updating.

If this was helpful click once on the arrow pointing upward. If this solves your issue, click once the star to mark it as a "Recommended Solution".
Recommended Solution
Options
23 Reply
Re:Mac - "Another Device on the Network is Using"...
2024-04-03 06:10:40 - last edited 2024-04-03 06:11:21

@Luca5chv 

Can you post a screenshot of your TL-WA850RE LAN configuration ?

Any DHCP address reservation or IP&MAC binding configured on your router ?

Options
2024-04-03 19:54:12

Hi @terziyski first of all thanks for your reply.

Please find below and ScreenShoot of the LAN Configuration tab on Theter App. (It is in Spanish but it says "Obtain an IP Address Automatically)

Regarding your second Question, I´m not sure if there is any additional DHCP address reservation. How can I check ? I strongly believe that there is no reservation.

The problem continues the same.

When I entered home, my mac Connects to the "Main" Wifi, after a few minutes, it automatically switches to the EXT Signal and when I tried to switch to the main one. This sign appears and the main Wifi do not work anymore (not only fot the MAC, for all devices)

Thanks for your help!

Options
2024-04-03 20:04:58

@Luca5chv 

What's your main router make and model ? I've seen this behaviour before while switching wireless SSIDs between main router and the RE,

Options
2024-04-03 20:15:04

Hi @terziyski , thanks again for your reply

The Router is a Huawei EchoLife HG8245W5-8T-V2

Could you please explain a little bit more regarding your phrase: "switching wireless SSIDs between main router and the RE"

Thanks!

Options
2024-04-03 20:36:11

@Luca5chv 

That's exactly what you've described - " When I entered home, my mac Connects to the "Main" Wifi, after a few minutes, it automatically switches to the EXT Signal and when I tried to switch to the main one. This sign appears and the main Wifi do not work anymore ".

Here you can check your RE LAN settings (use a computer browser to login the RE):

Options
2024-04-03 22:57:00

Hi @terziyski,

Thanks for your reply.

Please find below my current LAN Settings (I used my MAC WebBrowser to enter). How should I proceed?

Thanks again

Options
2024-04-03 22:58:19

@terziyski 

Adding a Second ScreenShoot so you can see LAN Settings as well.

Thanks

Options
2024-04-04 00:11:33

@Luca5chv 

Set the RE DHCP server to "apagado" and reboot the RE - then test.

Options
2024-04-04 00:21:54

@terziyski Reboot using the Reset Button in the Hardware? Should it be plugged right?

Options
2024-04-04 00:31:02 - last edited 2024-04-04 01:47:36

@Luca5chv 

No, don't use the reset button - it will reset all your settings to factory defaults.

By reboot I've meant only to restart the RE - power on/off.

Also make sure that you're with the latest FW release for your TL-WA850RE.

This would be TL-WA850RE(AR)_V7_211117 release (if your FW is for AR region).

This could be checked on your RE sticker - details.

Options