Satellite Archer AX55 Crushing network when using Ethernet Backhaul but not when using Wireless

Satellite Archer AX55 Crushing network when using Ethernet Backhaul but not when using Wireless

2024-04-03 17:37:33
Model: Archer AX55  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.3.1 Build 20240129 rel.57815(4341)

I have an exisiting easymesh network with an Archer AX55(MAIN) and 3 RE605X devices. I have been working to add a satellite router using ethernet backhaul to the network to create better coverage and speeds in certain areas. I purchased a second AX55 and added it to the mesh, and ran a hardline to its new location. Initally i added to the easymesh while the devices where right next to eachother. Then powered down the satellite router and moved it to its permanent location and connected the ethernet back haul to one of the LAN1 Port and powered it up. Once it rejoined the easymesh network i could see that it was using the ethernet backhaul. However soon after it seems to created a network storm that started crushing the network causing the network speed to drop drastically, and making the Main Routers web Console or Access via the Tether app unusable. As soon as i disconnected the ethernet cable everything cam back and the router switched over to wireless and joined the easymesh. When the satellite router is connected to the easy mesh wirelessly there seems to be no issues, only when its connected directly via ethernet. I have tried using the WAN and Various LAN ports on the Satellite router all have the same result. Anyone else experience a similar issue. I have an IT ticket open as i had a firmware upgrade issue for the satellite router, which i updated to include this info after the upgrade was successful.

Options
1 Reply
Re:Satellite Archer AX55 Crushing network when using Ethernet Backhaul but not when using Wireless
2024-04-07 07:14:17

@DanBFC 

Hi, 

Based on the screenshot, the living room Archer is connected wirelessly to the easymesh network, was it taken when unplugging the Ethernet cable?

Please ensure the Ethernet cable is working fine and you could also try different Ethernet cables. If there is any switch in between, try removing the switch and connecting the two AX55 routers directly.

In addition, upon checking, your case has been escalated to senior engineers, so it is recommended to follow up with the senior engineer, and please let the community know if there is any update.

Nice to Meet You in Our TP-Link Community. Check Out the Latest Posts: Archer GE550 - BE9300 Tri-Band Wi-Fi 7 Gaming Router EasyMesh Is Available When Wi-Fi Routers Work in AP Mode as A Controller. Archer BE550 New Software Enhances System Stability and Optimizes MLO Network Stability. TL-WA3001 Supports EasyMesh, Speed Limit, Guest Network in AP Mode and/or Multi-SSID Mode. If you found the post or response helpful, please click Helpful. If an answer solves your problem, click "Recommended Solution" so that others can benefit from it.
Options