several problems of setting up

2024-04-08 06:56:05

I'm using model VX220-G2v and TL-WA850RE, several problems occur when i try to set up. The first thing is that after i try to separate 2.4 Ghz and 5Ghz, the 5Ghz one still working but the 2.4Ghz refuses to connect, i turned on the Mac filter as guide but nothing change. The second one is that, both my phone and laptop can't find the extender, and i try to use wsp, the light of extender shows Connected, but the wifi still can't find on system. One i set up the extender wifi successfully, but there is still no internet. Looking for your help! 

Options
7 Reply
Re:several problems of setting up
2024-04-08 14:32:11

@Leyouyuan 

Did you follow this video guide for configuring TL-WA850RE. Try that if you didn't.

If this still doesn't work for you try configuring the RE via web browser - here.

If this was helpful click once on the arrow pointing upward. If this solves your issue, click once the star to mark it as a "Recommended Solution".
Options
2024-05-06 02:19:05

@terziyski Thank you Terziyski and sorry for the late reply. I try to reset and finally successfully set up the extender, but in recent days, the 5Ghz is not working, and the setting of wifi shows this channel is enable, still don't know how to deal with this. Would you might to help me? 

Options
2024-05-06 07:14:01

@Leyouyuan 

Make sure you're with the latest FW on your RE - here.

Update it if necessary and test again.

Here's how to upgrade the RE firmware.

If this was helpful click once on the arrow pointing upward. If this solves your issue, click once the star to mark it as a "Recommended Solution".
Options
2024-05-06 18:37:38

@Leyouyuan 

Leyouyuan wrote

@terziyski Thank you Terziyski and sorry for the late reply. I try to reset and finally successfully set up the extender, but in recent days, the 5Ghz is not working, and the setting of wifi shows this channel is enable, still don't know how to deal with this. Would you might to help me? 

Hi,

Is "TL-WA850RE" the actual model name of your extender?

I am just asking because the TL-WA850RE does not support 5 GHz. 

Options
2024-05-07 10:25:05

@terziyski Thank you for your reply, but I think the problem is not because of the extender, cuz i just separate the 2.4GHz and 5 GHz to make the TL-WA850RE can catch 2.4GHz, but now the 2.4Ghz and extender are working normally, but the 5Ghz channel enable but no internet.

Options
2024-05-07 10:25:52

@woozle Yes, I know TL-WA850RE is not support 5 GHz, that's why I need to separate the 2.4Ghz and 5Ghz to make it available. The tricky problem is, the 2.4Ghz and extender are working normally but the 5 GHz channel can be found but no internet.

Options
2024-05-07 11:43:37

@Leyouyuan 

If your RE is HW v7 it's important that you're on its latest FW release - TL-WA850RE(EU)_V7_1.0.13 Build 231115.

If that's the case and you are with an older FW release, update to this release and test again.

If the issue persists double-check you RE configuration - read through this story and try it, then test again.

If you still have issue with 5GHz band of your modem router, you may contact your ISP since it's an ISP provided device and it's not supported by the community.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 340

Replies: 7

Related Articles