AV600 Wireless Extender

AV600 Wireless Extender
AV600 Wireless Extender
3 weeks ago
Model: TL-WPA4220 KIT  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Hi, 

I got the above kit a couple of weeks ago, I put it in at my parents house (hence not knowing the firmware version off hand), The auto sync using the WPS button on the router (BT smart Hub 2) didn't work so I logged on to the AV600 directly and entered the SSID and passcode of the router. The 2 TP Link units paired together ok and I moved the AV600 down to the kitchen. It seems the laptop has issues where the AV600 wifi broadcast overlaps the routers wifi broadcast and won't connect to either. Does the AV600 need to be totally out of the range of the router to sucessfully work,

If I change the SSID of the AV600 it works ok but then of course you have to manually select which network to connect to.  

Any ideas on a solution? (I have had a look through other AV600 threads and can't find the same issue mentioned elsewhere?)

Options
1 Reply
Re:AV600 Wireless Extender
3 weeks ago

@Jon_ 

Hi,

What are the Wi-Fi security settings of both, the BT smart Hub 2 and the TL-WPA4220 ?

I've had issues before when I connected a Windows PC first to a Wi-Fi network "ABCDE" that supports WPA3 and then tried to connect it to another Wi-Fi access point with the same name "ABCDE" that only supported WPA2.

It seems Windows not only remembers the SSID and Wi-Fi password of a network, but also the security protocol and if that changes to a lower version then it won't connect.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 98

Replies: 1

Related Articles