Range extender randomly disconnects every few hours

3 недель назад
Model: RE315  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version: 1.0.30 Build 230919 Rel.52342n

So I got the RE315 range extender yesterday as I was getting quite low speeds with powerline and wifi on my PC and I'm unable to go fully cable. After doing speed tests yesterday when I first got it I was happy to go from about 30mbps to 93mbps (wish it was faster though). However, this problem occurs that when am playing a game on my PC that requires internet, all my devices connected to the range extender just disconnect. The range extender shows all its white lights perfectly fine, it's just that I lose the ability to connect to it. On my phone in the Wi-Fi settings the ranger extender (my router + _EXT) shows up normally on the list while I get disconnected but I just can't connect to it and I get the error stating that am unable to connect. When this does happen, the simple fix is to just disconnect the range extender from the socket and just put it back in, wait for it to start up again and then the internet works fine for another few hours or so. As far as I know it didn't turn off during the night when my PC is off, and my PC is also connected to the range extender by ethernet. I know the router isn't at fault here as I can connect to the main router completely fine while the range extender doesn't have connection. I have no idea why this issue persists and I don't know how to fix it so that I don't randomly keep getting disconnected while playing online games. Like sure the fix is simple when it happens but I don't want to have an unreliable network where I just randomly get disconnected and then lose in-game progress.

Options
2 Reply
Re:Range extender randomly disconnects every few hours
3 недель назад

@PatiSmh 

Hi, welcome to the community.

May I know the model number of your host router?

Are you able to constantly reproduce this issue in a short time? By the way, which games are you playing on the computer?

I wonder whether your Host router supports bandwidth control or QOS which could help limit the bandwidth or lower the priority of online gaming.

I think when the PC starts playing games, it somehow drains the CPU/Memory and forces the extender to disconnect mobile devices.

Wait for your reply and best regards.

Options
Re:Range extender randomly disconnects every few hours
неделю назад - last edited Friday

@David-TP 

Hey, sorry for the long wait was kinda busy recently. The router we got here is Virgin Media's Hub 3.0 VMDG505/TG2492LG-VM. About the issue with the extender disconnecting, that only happened about a couple times in the last 7 days approx. Think the last time it happened was on 11th April I believe. In general it'd be Roblox I'd be playing with a mix of a couple different games, mostly Arsenal however. Recently been back to Euro Truck Sim 2 with TruckersMP (multiplayer mod) and I'd say that was running fine but didn't play much. Even though the wifi extender disconnecting from everything issue seemed to have stopped, I still rarely get just disconnected from a game but wifi is still on, not sure if that's due to wifi speeds dropping too low or something else.

Hope this info is enough, I only use the wifi extender with my PC as I get better speeds from the main router for my macbook and phone so I don't like see how the wifi extender works all the time.

Update: Since yesterday evening my wifi extender keeps dying like every 20 minutes or so and it's extremely annoying when trying to play with friends. I literally had to switch back to powerline as the situation was so bad. Today I went back to the wifi extender but the issue persists. I really need to know if am able to solve this issue as I don't want the Amazon return period passing.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 94

Replies: 2

Related Articles