XE75 5GHZ BAND NOT WORKING
XE75 5GHZ BAND NOT WORKING
2024-04-09 04:17:06
Model: Deco XE75  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version: 1.2.5 Build 20231225 Rel. 58766

1 unit of my deco is only going for 2.4 ghz. The 5ghz is not working

even for The wirelesss backhaul it is only showing 2.4/6ghz from the main one

even if I am very near to this specific deco I am only getting 2.4ghz connection, every device connected to this deco is 2.4 no matter how near 

the other unit work just fine, just this specific unit

i habe tried everything I can

swapping the decos, updating. Optimizing. Changing every settings I could, resetting. None can fix this issue,

can anyone help? 

Options
7 Reply
Re:XE75 5GHZ BAND NOT WORKING
2024-04-09 08:53:18

@PZXI what hardware version do you have? Your firmware might be out of date and an update could maybe fix this issue. If it's too old you might not be able to update it via the app and you'll need to do it via a connected computer.

If that doesn't fix it, sounds like a hardware issue with that particular unit. You could also try removing all the other Deco units from the network then trying to choose the wifi band with just that Deco to see if it overrides the issue or gives you an error message?

XE75 V1.0 3-pack / Wired backhaul / Router mode / UK
Options
2024-04-09 09:33:21

@Wrayman thanks for your reply

im I'm currently using 1.2.5 version.. That is the latest firmware I can update through the deco app.... I have tried removing everything only using that specific deco and it's still the same

am I using the latest version? How do I update manually?  

Options
2024-04-09 09:34:28

@Wrayman also I tried to set that particular deco to only use 5ghz and none of the devices I have at home connects to it

Options
2024-04-09 09:45:49

@PZXI 1.2.5 is your firmware version, I'm asking about your hardware version as there are different models for different regions and other various reasons. You can see this on the base of the units where it will say V1.0 or V2.0 etc.

Then you'll need to go to your region's support page and pick the right firmware version from the dropdown menu. Here's the UK page for reference:

Download for Deco XE75 | TP-Link United Kingdom

If your firmware matches the download page version you're already up to date. If it's out of date then you'll need to follow the instructions on this page to install the firmware file manually using the webUI for the Decos.

XE75 V1.0 3-pack / Wired backhaul / Router mode / UK
Options
2024-04-09 16:26:14

@Wrayman I have tried your method. It is stil not working.... is there any other possibilities?

Options
2024-04-10 00:58:24

@PZXI 

Hi, May I know how long have you had the Deco XE75? Did this issue start recently?

It seemed like the 5GHz module of this Deco XE75 might be broken.

If possible, it is also suggested to set this Deco as the main Deco, then leave this unit alone in the Mesh system to see whether it could start broadcasting the 5GHz signal:

How to replace the main Deco with another Deco

Thank you very much and best regards.

Options
a week ago - last edited a week ago

@David-TP 

Same or similar issue here

Most devices are not connecting to 5Ghz.

I have been troubleshooting this for about a week and right now my conclusions are as follows:

If I set the WIFI to 5ghz only and remove 2.4 it becomes more obvious that 5ghz is not being broadcasted or clients are not negotiating by all nodes consistently but its unclear why. The only one broadcasting 5ghz consistenly is my primary XE 75 Pro Unit. If I am not in range of it the SSID on that unit is not even being discovered.

When I look at the one XE 75 unit I have that is wireless it shows connected using 2.4/6ghz…

I can be directly next to a node set with wifi set to only 5ghz and it still wont negotiate 5ghz consistently or even see the SSID - tried most recently with an iphone 15 Pro

My current configuration 4 Nodes

(1) XE 75 Pro FW: 1.2.5 Build 20231226 Rel. 75366

• Set to Primary Deco Connected to Cable Modem

(3) XE 75 FW: 1.25 Build 20231225 Rel. 58766

• (2) units are connected via ethernet directly to the XE75. Note there is a TPLINK TL-SG108 8 Port Gigabit Unmanaged Ethernet Network Switch in the mix here
  • 1 Unit is  connected on Wireless, 6ghz being used for primary backhaul only

Wireless Settings

• iot Network (24 clients) / Security: WPA2 / Band: 2.4 Ghz Only
  • Primary Wifi Network (13 Clients) / Security: WPA2/WPA3 Personal / Band: 2.4 Ghz and 5 Ghz
  • Channel Width for 5Ghz - 160mhz
  • Beam Forming: Enabled
  • Fast Roaming - Disabled
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 179

Replies: 7

Related Articles