Why Google Assistant integration always becomes so desastrous?

3 weeks ago
Model: Deco M5  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 1.7.6

Hello,

Could it be possible to have constant (and possibly good) integration with Google Assistant?

For M5 regularly names are changed to "m5", if we can specify names in the Deco app it would be reasonable to have them also used in Google Assistant, so no reason to have different names. Stranger, sometimes we have right names and some day it is reverted. I did not know the Deco Google Assistant was a toy for TP-Link developers after they are drunk lol. Nice to say working at TP-Link a a life of playing sometimes but not sure it is so serious :) I prefer saying with humor but it should really be better.

And worse, yesterday I tried to integrate again and I have ghost Deco unit, six listed units when I only have 4.

I hoped I would have good surprise when I tried again yesterday but it is getting worse.

I would simply suggest to drop this kind of integration instead of providing something which is so broken.

Unfortunately there are more and more things becoming less good, for example never had a real response about DTIM interval configuration which could improve usage for Nuki, still strange channel selection and if I add this (even small) detail list is badly increasing.

Options
1 Reply
Re:Why Google Assistant integration always becomes so desastrous?
3 weeks ago

@Nardol 

Hi, Nice to see you again.

I think the second problem of "Ghost Deco" might be related to the first one and it might re-count the Deco with the wrong names as two extra Deco units.

To be honest, I haven't seen this feature get any improvement for a while.

May I know the Google voice commands that you often use to control Deco?

It is also suggested to try the following suggestions:

I will also consult with the engineers to see whether they have any further suggestions.

Thank you very much and best regards.

Options

Information

Helpful: 1

Views: 54

Replies: 1

Related Articles