Deco x20, Nokia fastmile 5g slow speed in pc and Xbox

2 weeks ago - last edited a week ago
Model: Deco X20  
Hardware Version: V3
Firmware Version: 1.1.8,don’t know

I bought a Deco X20 router and got a Nokia router as a gift. Both support 5G. On my phone, the download speed is only 100 Mbps, even though they promised 1 Gbps. When I download a game on Xbox, the speed is also low, averaging around 25 Mbps. Also, at home, I have another internet connection from Telia, which is 4G, although it’s not nearby, but it’s in the house. Nokia fastmile 5g , primary internet with a SIM card” Deco x20(eu) ver.3.0 my internet amplifier. It also shows on the official website that my Internet provider is connected only in 4g and 5g is not connected!!! I want to update the firmware on Deco x20 but when I go to the site via PC it shows me that my tp-link is not connected and through the Nokia website I can't update!!!Should I contact the operator where I bought this network?But in my town 5g the Internet is not available yet but the signal is strong good?

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:Deco x20, Nokia fastmile 5g slow speed in pc and Xbox-Solution
a week ago - last edited a week ago

@David-TP hello My router doesn't support LAN wire yet so I can connect a PC or Xbox with a network cable, but my town doesn't support 5g yet, does that mean something?My router is located next to a deco x20 internet booster; they are both inside a wall, on a shelf within the wall, with walls surrounding them on all sides and an empty space in front leading to the room. Could this affect them?

Recommended Solution
Options
2 Reply
Re:Deco x20, Nokia fastmile 5g slow speed in pc and Xbox
a week ago

@Merk1s 

Hi, Nice to see you again.

Is the Nokia fastmile 5g, like the model here:

https://www.nokia.com/networks/fixed-networks/fastmile/5g-gateway-32-2/

Nokia FastMile 5G Gateway is a 4G/5G router but Deco X20_V3_1.1.8 is not. It is just a wireless router and 1.1.8 is already the latest firmware version.

(Nokia FastMile supports 5G NR radio network and 5GHz wireless signal but Deco X20 only supports 5GHz wireless signal.)

Is your network topology like:

Nokia FastMile 5G Gateway (4G/5G SIM card)---<Ethernet cable>---Deco X20---<Wi-Fi>---Xbox(5GHz WiFi)

Have you checked the Ethernet speed from the Nokia FastMile 5G Gateway directly on the PC?

I think the slow speed begins with the 4G mobile service.

The other post here-663876, about the fluctuating speed on the Xbox, might be also related to the unstable 4G LTE towel signal on the Nokia FastMile 5G gateway.

Thank you very much and best regards.

Options
Re:Deco x20, Nokia fastmile 5g slow speed in pc and Xbox-Solution
a week ago - last edited a week ago

@David-TP hello My router doesn't support LAN wire yet so I can connect a PC or Xbox with a network cable, but my town doesn't support 5g yet, does that mean something?My router is located next to a deco x20 internet booster; they are both inside a wall, on a shelf within the wall, with walls surrounding them on all sides and an empty space in front leading to the room. Could this affect them?

Recommended Solution
Options

Information

Helpful: 2

Views: 100

Replies: 2

Related Articles