Guide | How to manually trigger Alarm

2 weeks ago - last edited 2 weeks ago
Model: Tapo C220  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: FW 1.1.10

Hello folks,

As you must be aware that, in Tapo app you can't manually trigger Alarm which is great inconvenience. So I was messing around the app & found a way to manually trigger it. 

Go to smart Tab & add a shortcut for alarm. A new shortcut pill shaped will appear & just press it. It will manually trigger it, although you won't able to see the camera feed while triggering the alarm.

Adding shortcut Adding the shortcur for alarm 

Now the alarm short started appearing on home tab, just press it to trigger the alarm. 

It only works with camera connected to internet. Don't work on local network.

Pari
Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:Guide | How to manually trigger Alarm -Solution

@SillyPari 

Thank you for sharing!

One More Tip the Shortcut can be added as a Widget to your phone's home screen, an even quicker way for device management!  How to use Widgets to control your Tapo Devices and Tapo Shortcuts 

According to the latest info available (as of August 2023), the Tapo camera models that support alarm in the automation Action are listed below, FYI.

*More models will be updated gradually, if your model is not listed below, contact technical support for confirmation.

• Tapo C120 
  • Tapo C125
  • Tapo C220
  • Tapo C225 
  • Tapo C500 
  • Tapo C510
  • Tapo C520
  • Tapo C425
Share Your Pet Story. Win Free Tapo Care!Smart Action 2.0 Explore and meet the next level home automation.
Recommended Solution
Options
5 Reply
Re:Guide | How to manually trigger Alarm

@SillyPari 

Good find!  It would be great if they add the ability to turn on the siren while viewing the live feed but for now this is a functional workaround.

BTW, when you say it only works with the camera connected to the internet and not on the local network, does this mean that if I'm home and the camera and my phone are both connected to my home wifi it won't work, or do you mean that the camera just has to have external connection to the internet (access to the Tapo cloud server) and as long as my internet is up, it will work even if both the camera and my phone are connected to my home wifi?

Options

@SDGTR 

It works, as long as camera and phone both have internet connection. By Local connection I mean phone and camera connected to same network not having internet.

Pari
Options

@SillyPari 

Got it, thanks.  So basically the camera just needs access to the Tapo cloud services for this to work.  

Options
Re:Guide | How to manually trigger Alarm -Solution

@SillyPari 

Thank you for sharing!

One More Tip the Shortcut can be added as a Widget to your phone's home screen, an even quicker way for device management!  How to use Widgets to control your Tapo Devices and Tapo Shortcuts 

According to the latest info available (as of August 2023), the Tapo camera models that support alarm in the automation Action are listed below, FYI.

*More models will be updated gradually, if your model is not listed below, contact technical support for confirmation.

• Tapo C120 
  • Tapo C125
  • Tapo C220
  • Tapo C225 
  • Tapo C500 
  • Tapo C510
  • Tapo C520
  • Tapo C425
Share Your Pet Story. Win Free Tapo Care!Smart Action 2.0 Explore and meet the next level home automation.
Recommended Solution
Options
2 weeks ago

@Wayne-TP 

Yes using shortcut widget with Camera View Widget to coordinate the alarm.

Pari
Options