Will BE65 get Wi-Fi 7 certified or does BE85 (I see it's now certified) have something BE65 don't?

Will BE65 get Wi-Fi 7 certified or does BE85 (I see it's now certified) have something BE65 don't?

a week ago - last edited a week ago
Model: Deco BE65  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

BE85 Wi-Fi 7 cert was made in December 2023, so I'm wondering if there's something missing for the BE65 to receive a certification, or do you think it will come at a later date?

Here: https://www.wi-fi.org/wi-fi-certified-7-certified-products
(click Wi-Fi CERTIFIED 7™) in the checkbox to the left fo filter our some results.

I know the BE85 is more capable, but BE65 is still concidered to be Wi-Fi 7 capable, so I'm curious as to why one might get a cert from the Wi-Fi Alliance and the other don't.

Thanks!

Options
1 Reply
Re:Will BE65 get Wi-Fi 7 certified or does BE85 (I see it's now certified) have something BE65 don't?
a week ago

@star-affinity 

Hi, welcome to the community.

Deco BE65 also supports the same Wi-Fi 7 advanced features on Deco BE85:

• Multi-Link Operation (MLO)
• 320 MHz Channel
• 4K-QAM
• Multi-RUs

You could refer to this link to check the detailed specification:https://www.tp-link.com/en/compare/?typeId=5700&productIds=67320%2C67321

The main differences are:

• Wireless Specification.
  • The Hardware Ethernet ports

Whether they are certified or not, as long as the Deco BE65 is announced as Wi-Fi 7 capable, you are able to enjoy the benefits of Wi-Fi 7.

The TP-Link Wi-Fi 7 family consists of more than three Wi-Fi routers. It depends more on the business strategy that currently only Deco BE85/Archer BE800/HB810 are "Wi-Fi Certified 7".

Thank you very much and best regards.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 87

Replies: 1

Related Articles