Switching Between OC200 & Omada Software Controller

2 weeks ago - last edited 2 weeks ago
Model: OC200  
Hardware Version: V4
Firmware Version: v5.13.30.20

A little over a week ago I replaced my home network (Asus RT-AX82U, Cisco SG110-16) with a TP-Link setup (OC200, ER7206, TL-SG2428P, & 2x EAP670).

I initially set up the system running off of the OC200 using the app on my iPhone, but have noticed in looking through the manual that running the software controller seems to offer a more robust control scenerio for the network. I installed the software controller on a Windows 11 Pro laptop and logged in (which caused the software controller to appear in the app along with the OC200) but whether on the laptop or iphone, when it gets to the screen where you adopt devices it is blank.

Is this an "either/or" scenerio where the network devices can only exist on one controller, or is there an easy way to switch between the two depending on whether I'm home at my computer or travelling and using my iPhone?

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:Switching Between OC200 & Omada Software Controller-Solution

@Waggett 

Ok, understood.  I agree that the app is still pretty dumbed down.  I just access my controller via the smartphone browser and the TPlink cloud reflector when I need to do actual stuff on the network while away from a computer.  

<< Paying it forward, one juicy problem at a time... >>
Recommended Solution
Options
4 Reply
Re:Switching Between OC200 & Omada Software Controller
2 weeks ago

@Waggett 

Either Or scenario.

If you already have an OC200, not sure why you'd even want to run your Win11 laptop 24/7.

I think you'll find the TPlink Cloud Connect feature of the controller provides you with any functionality you might need, either locally or from a remote location.

Options
2 weeks ago

@d0ugmac1 I wouldn't, I just wanted access to the more advanced configuration options for the router, switch and AP's that I see in the user guides, but cannot seem to access through the app on my iPhone.

Options
Re:Switching Between OC200 & Omada Software Controller-Solution

@Waggett 

Ok, understood.  I agree that the app is still pretty dumbed down.  I just access my controller via the smartphone browser and the TPlink cloud reflector when I need to do actual stuff on the network while away from a computer.  

Recommended Solution
Options

@d0ugmac1 That must be what I'm doing wrong, I have only been using the TP-Link Omada app to connect to the OC200. Is this what you're referring to?

Omada Cloud (tplinkcloud.com)

Update: This was the solution I was looking for, thank you!

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 158

Replies: 4

Related Articles