Archer MR600 Not Working on Australia Optus

a week ago - last edited a week ago
Model: Archer MR600  
Hardware Version: V3
Firmware Version: 1.1.0 0.9.1 v0001.0 Build 220727 Rel.74013n

ISP Version: 22062901

Hi I have one of these, trying to use it on "Optus" and it won't work.

Optus keeps sending me a message saying "SIM cards can only be used in the device type for which they were intended and can’t be swapped between different device types. Please only use the SIM card that came with a suitable device." And redirects me to an invalid sim in device Optus URL.

I bought it new online and it says its the "AU" version and works on "All Australian ISPs".

Anyway to fix this, I assume its either the MAC address or IMEI that its checking maybe? Or maybe an updated ISP Version?

I can confirm the sim works on an Optus modem.

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:Archer MR600 Not Working on Australia Optus-Solution

@calvin_123456 

I am afraid not, the 4G device is compatible with all AU/NZ networks but if it is blocked by ISP, it will not work. Other normal packages should be okay.

Recommended Solution
Options
3 Reply
Re:Archer MR600 Not Working on Australia Optus
a week ago

@calvin_123456 

Hi,it is highly recommended to confirm with Optus whether your SIM card plan is allowed to work on third-party 4G routers. Or if you have any non-Optus 4G device, please test the same SIM card on non-Optus 4G device for comparison.

Options
Re:Archer MR600 Not Working on Australia Optus
a week ago

@Sunshine HI mate, you're right that its likely Optus blocking it. I was hoping as the advertising of the device said "works on all AU/NZ networks" that it would work however. But I'm guessing not?

I know your other devices allow you to clone the MAC address, is there any similar changes I can do for the MR600? Cheers!

Options
Re:Archer MR600 Not Working on Australia Optus-Solution

@calvin_123456 

I am afraid not, the 4G device is compatible with all AU/NZ networks but if it is blocked by ISP, it will not work. Other normal packages should be okay.

Recommended Solution
Options