Cannot join multiplayers servers

a week ago - last edited a week ago
Model: Deco X50  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.4.1 Build 20231122 Rel. 40485

Hello everyone,

I have big troubles with my Deco network. Unfortunately i cannot join CS2 multiplayers server (especially those on FACEIT). I've tried to set up port redirection but it didn't resolve the issue. When i'm connected to the main WAN router the issues are resolved, but on the DECO ones I've tried severals setting and nothing helped. Of course in the NAT settings the UPNP option is ON. Unfortunately I don't know what exactly blocks the connection but for 100% in happend only on the Deco routers. I would appreciate any suggestions and help to resolve the issues.

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:Cannot join multiplayers servers-Solution

@pasta6649 

Great. Then, I have simple solution for you: switch Deco mesh to Access Point mode and everything should work again. See Switching a Deco to Access Point (AP) Mode

In Deco AP mode your wan router is in charge of LAN network (IP address allocations, static IPs setup, firewall, UPnP, DHCP, DNS, default gateway), while Deco provides WiFi mesh coverage.

As an extra bonus of that mode, anything you connect to Ethernet ports of wan router will be on the same LAN as everything connected to Deco WiFi mesh. For example, I have Synology NAS connected directly to my ISP router Ethernet port.

Recommended Solution
Options
4 Reply
Re:Cannot join multiplayers servers
a week ago

@pasta6649 

Do you have Main Deco connected to the main WAN router?

Options
a week ago

@Alexandre. yes. I have the wan router provided by ISP with WiFi turned of such as DHCP etc. And from this device the main deco is connected. 

Options
Re:Cannot join multiplayers servers-Solution

@pasta6649 

Great. Then, I have simple solution for you: switch Deco mesh to Access Point mode and everything should work again. See Switching a Deco to Access Point (AP) Mode

In Deco AP mode your wan router is in charge of LAN network (IP address allocations, static IPs setup, firewall, UPnP, DHCP, DNS, default gateway), while Deco provides WiFi mesh coverage.

As an extra bonus of that mode, anything you connect to Ethernet ports of wan router will be on the same LAN as everything connected to Deco WiFi mesh. For example, I have Synology NAS connected directly to my ISP router Ethernet port.

Recommended Solution
Options
a week ago
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 103

Replies: 4

Related Articles