Signal keeps dropping with booster W9970

2 weeks ago - last edited a week ago
Model: TD-W9970  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

I bought this device to provide a good signal at one end of the house where the main router can't reach.  That part of the house, dating from 1800, is of stone construction, hence the poor signal through very solid walls.

The signal suddenly drops, affecting not only me using the W9970 on the internet, but also those watching Netflix and YouTube for example through the main router (from Orange) in the newer half of the house.  Sometimes the signal can be down for up to an hour ... and then it suddenly reappears.  We have a very strong fibre service from Orange.

My son-in-low has suggested that I need to change the IP address on the W9970 as it might be clashing with the IP address on the main router (or possibly both), but I am not certain to what I should set it.  I can see the signal in the bottom right hand corner of my computer screen.  The IP address on the W9970 booster is currently set to Automatic DHCP.  What should I use on the Manual setting to make it work in a way that does not clash with the main router please?  And what should I use on the main router please, which is currently also set to Automatic DHCP?

Please note that I am not familiar with the technical terms so when you respond, please assume zero knowledge.  I am fluent in French if you wish to reply in French.

Thank you.

Options
1 Reply
Re:Signal keeps dropping with booster W9970
2 weeks ago

@BarneyDouglas BTW I am on Windows 10.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 47

Replies: 1

Related Articles