Site-To-Site vpn both dual WAN

2 weeks ago
Model: ER605 (TL-R605)  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 2.1.2 Build 20230210 Rel.62992

Hello, im looking for help to setup site-to-site vpn connection, here's what i got already:

Both sites have dual WAN (both have ISP with static IP)

Site1 already connecting to Site2 via IPSec on both WANs.

Now tricky part for me:

How to setup Site1 connection to Site2 WAN2?

Now connection to Site2 goes on first ISP (WAN1) if that line goes down Failover takes place to WAN2, then is no go for Site1 for connection. Thank You in advance.

Options
4 Reply
Re:Site-To-Site vpn both dual WAN
2 weeks ago - last edited 2 weeks ago

Hi @Wiking 

Thanks for posting in our business forum.

1. Upgrade your firmware to the latest one.

2. Try to set up IPsec failover:

How to Configure IPsec Failover on Omada Router in Standalone mode

Note that everything should be the same in the IPsec failover setup except for the WAN.

Best Regards! If you are new to the forum, please read: Howto - A Guide to Use Forum Effectively. Read Before You Post. Look for a model? Search your model NOW Beta firmware got some NEW features! Subscribe for the latest update!Download Beta Here☚ ☛ ★ Configuration Guide ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Knowledge Base ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Troubleshooting Manual ★ ☚ (Disclaimer: Short links are used above solely for guidance to TP-Link subdomains and are safe and tracker-free. Exercise caution with short links from non-official members on forums. We are not liable for external content or damage from non-official members' link use.)
Options
2 weeks ago - last edited 2 weeks ago

@Clive_A 

Thank you for answer, but that don't solve my problem. Already done it.

Here me out:

Site1 have dual WAN and Site2 also, so when Site2 goes on second wan the static IP change and there is no connection between sites. If i try to setup STS with other IP (for second wan on site2) i can't do that because of already used lan IP's.

Options
2 weeks ago

Hi @Wiking 

Thanks for posting in our business forum.

Wiking wrote

@Clive_A 

Thank you for answer, but that don't solve my problem. Already done it.

Here me out:

Site1 have dual WAN and Site2 also, so when Site2 goes on second wan the static IP change and there is no connection between sites. If i try to setup STS with other IP (for second wan on site2) i can't do that because of already used lan IP's.

Re-do the IPsec failover config again on the other site where you have a second line.

This is something new as I don't have the environment to try. So, I assume you do this setup on A and B once that should create something like you described.

Best Regards! If you are new to the forum, please read: Howto - A Guide to Use Forum Effectively. Read Before You Post. Look for a model? Search your model NOW Beta firmware got some NEW features! Subscribe for the latest update!Download Beta Here☚ ☛ ★ Configuration Guide ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Knowledge Base ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Troubleshooting Manual ★ ☚ (Disclaimer: Short links are used above solely for guidance to TP-Link subdomains and are safe and tracker-free. Exercise caution with short links from non-official members on forums. We are not liable for external content or damage from non-official members' link use.)
Options
2 weeks ago

@Clive_A

Hello, i will try to do all the IPsec setup from scratch on both sites. Let you know after weekend, because it's busy company and work have to go all time.

Options