NAT Type is strict

NAT Type is strict

NAT Type is strict
NAT Type is strict
a week ago - last edited a week ago

Hi everyone, I have tried to open up my ports on the router VR2100 but it worked for some games like GTA however, Call of Duty still saying the NAT type is strict. Is anyone able to fix this?

Options
15 Reply
Re:NAT Type is strict
a week ago

@DJDAN 

Here you can refer the ports used by Call of Duty - <https>://support.activision.com/articles/ports-used-for-call-of-duty-games

If this was helpful click once on the arrow pointing upward. If this solves your issue, click once the star to mark it as a "Recommended Solution".
Options
a week ago

@terziyski 

where can I open those ports in the TP-Link setting?

Options
a week ago

@DJDAN 

Here:

Just make sure that you have your public IP address on the Internet port of your VR2100 (otherwise this won't work for you):

If this was helpful click once on the arrow pointing upward. If this solves your issue, click once the star to mark it as a "Recommended Solution".
Options
a week ago

@terziyski 

Hi, sorry I'm new to this. What is the service type and for NAT forwarding do I need enable DMZ? And which ip address?

Options
a week ago
And how can I open all the ports at once?
Options
a week ago

@DJDAN 

You can't open all ports at once - you can use a DMZ to your PC IP address but that's risky in terms of your network security.

Follow this guide on how to open the ports one by one.

For DMZ follow this guide.

Options
a week ago

@terziyski 

I have tried to use DMZ and put my ip address but it doesn't work in terms off open all the ports.

with the virtual server which service type do I use?

Options
a week ago

@terziyski 

do I need to add address reservation as well or not really?

Options
a week ago

@DJDAN 

Configuring address reservation for your PC would be a good idea if its IP address is received by the modem DHCP.

Follow the guide I posted for configuring virtual server (port-forwarding). You can name the service type manually (that's in the guide).

For all this to work refer my second post and make sure that you are with a public IP address on your modem internet port.

Options
a week ago

@terziyski 

what do you mean by "Just make sure that you have your public IP address on the Internet port of your VR2100 (otherwise this won't work for you):"?

public ip address on internet port?

Options

Information

Helpful: 1

Views: 277

Replies: 15

Related Articles