Raspberry Pie on deco x55

2024-05-01 05:00:26
Model: Deco X55  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

I have a Raspberry Pie running Home Assistant plugged directly to the Deco x55 and zemismart m1 for smart family use.

It will lost connect ~10 seconds and connect back again, I think it should not be the normal behavior.

And when I remove Raspberry Pie from DECO x55, then the wifi will not have lost connect.

Maybe someone met same issue can help to solve this problem?

I need the Raspberry Pie and zemismart m1 in same wifi, then the HA can be work.

Options
5 Reply
Re: Raspberry Pie on deco x55
2024-05-09 01:35:03

@Actt 

Hi, welcome to the community.

Did it make any difference if the Zemismart m1 is connected to one of the satellite Deco X55s via an Ethernet cable, while only the Raspberry Pie is connected to the main Deco X55? Or you could try to connect both devices directly to one of the satellite Deco X55s.

As for the WiFi disconnection, "It will lose connect ~10 seconds and connect back again", have you noticed any Deco turn red/flashing red?

Do you mean all the mobile devices will drop out of the WiFi for about 10s? Is the wireless signal still detected within the 10s?

Thank you very much and wait for your reply.

Best regards.

Options
2024-05-09 04:31:33

@David-TP 

The network setup at my home involves connecting a main Deco X55 router in the living room via an Ethernet cable. The remaining two ports on the Deco X55 are used to connect:

1. A Raspberry Pi running Hassio.
  2. A gateway (Zemismart M1).

As I intend to use the Raspberry Pi for building Home Assistant, it's necessary for both the gateway and the Raspberry Pi to be on the same network domain. Following the network setup process, I flashed Hassio onto the Raspberry Pi, and it starts up successfully.

However, there's an issue of intermittent disconnection (~10-20s) that I mentioned earlier.

After cross-referencing, I found that whenever the Raspberry Pi is connected to the network, the entire house internet will disconnect around 10-20 seconds and then connect bak again.

And if I disconnect the Raspberry Pi from x55 or internet, then the disconnection will not happen again.

As for the WiFi disconnection, "It will lose connect ~10 seconds and connect back again", have you noticed any Deco turn red/flashing red?

=> No deco still with green light.

Do you mean all the mobile devices will drop out of the WiFi for about 10s? Is the wireless signal still detected within the 10s?

=> Yes, all devices will drop out of the WiFi.

I've asked around online, but it seems like not many people have encountered a similar issue.

Could this be due to IP conflicts causing this phenomenon? Or have any of you encountered similar problems?

Options
2024-05-11 01:36:07

@Actt 

Hi, Thanks for the update.

In my view, I don't think it is an IP conflict since it doesn't explain why all the devices are affected.

Did you set up any static IP configurations on the Raspberry Pi or Zemismart M1?

I tend to think the Raspberry Pi somehow triggers the WAN/LAN auto-sensing mechanism of the Ethernet ports on Deco.

But It can't quite explain why its LED remains green.

If you can constantly reproduce this issue, I would love to forward your case to the engineers for further assistance.

By the way, is Deco X55 working in wireless router mode?

May I know your internet service provider?

By the way, the latest 1.5.0 firmware for Deco X55 supports fixing the WAN port. If you are interested, you could try to install the 1.5.0 beta first:

Deco X50/X55_V1_1.5.0 Support WireGuard VPN, Client Speed Limit and Fixed WAN Port

Thank you very much and best regards.

Options
2024-05-12 05:55:01

@David-TP 

Hi, Thanks for the update.

• Did you set up any static IP configurations on the Raspberry Pi or Zemismart M1?
    • I haven't made any other settings at Raspberry Pi or Zemismart M1. 
    • I also uninstall HA at Raspberry Pi and remove Zemismart M1 from deco x55
      • deco x55 only connect Raspberry Pi but still have the same disconnect issue.

• By the way, is Deco X55 working in wireless router mode?

• Currently I only use one Deco X55 connect form internet service provider and use eth connect with Raspberry Pi, other device use wife connect.

• Yes, I use router mode.

• May I know your internet service provider?

• It's Community network, I think is from CHT-Chunghwa Telecom.

• If you can constantly reproduce this issue, I would love to forward your case to the engineers for further assistance.

• Yes, I can reproduce this issue, how can I get report or some thing frmo my side to you?

•  

• By the way, I also try the latest 1.5.0 firmware for Deco X55 to fix WAN port, but seems will also have same issue.

Options
2024-05-13 01:50:51

@Actt 

Hi, Thanks for the further details.

I noticed you have also submitted the Deco APP feedback. Currently, the case has been forwarded to the senior engineers for further assistance. Please check whether you could receive an email from me.

Best regards.

Options

Information

Helpful: 1

Views: 338

Replies: 5

Related Articles